Friday, July 03, 2015

More Progress on Doc Hudson Disney Car

This piece is moving slowly. I'm getting anxious to get it done but I have at least a week of stitching perhaps longer. Now that it's getting a personality I am enjoying seeing it come to life. This will possibly go to my great nephew Wyatt. He's 5 1/2 so we'll see. If not then I have several great nephews younger than him.

Lately I have gotten into my garden. I've never had a garden before and while this is small as I rent and only have a small area to work in I plan to get as many flowers I can get in. I've dug out the weeds and got rid of the uglies. (Well that's what I called them they were throughout the garden and I hated them. They were wild daisies and I had them all over. Fortunately they came up very easily.) My sister bought me a few flowers, my sister-in-law brought over some from her garden. There will still be more to plant. Next week my sister-in-law and I will go get some more flowers and that should do it for now. In the fall the annual flowers will be dug up and I'll replace them with some that come up every year. I had to get rid of the rose bushes because for one thing I was allergic to them, and another the bugs ate the leaves. Some other wild flowers also went into the garbage. I basically just kept some of the lilies and my sister in law took some, and the two Holly Hocks. I want more of those they are beautiful! Perhaps in the fall when these die I'll take a couple of seeds and plant some more. So this garden is turning out to be mine and what I like, not what the lady before me had.

My sister was here for a 3 day weekend last week. We got a whole lot done. Even managed to go to Jo Ann's for some floss. We worked in the garden. Sat. was her grandson's birthday party with family so we went to Rockford to her son-in-law's mothers house. She lives on a lake. The kids played in the water, adults just visited. We went on a boat ride on the pattoon boat. That was fun. So it was a really nice day. It was a great weekend really.

Well....I'm going to go back to stitching. Until next time Happy Stitching!

5 comments:

Linda said...

Doc looks great Barb.

Linda

Renee said...

Doc Hudson looks great! I am so glad you are enjoying the changes in your garden. :)

Brigitte said...

It's looking great with the progress you made.

Preeti said...

Great stitching on the car!! Nice to know that you are enjoying your gardening:)

Tiffany Pincombe said...

Great progress and your garden sounds like it will be perfect for you!