Monday, July 13, 2015

One last update on Doc Hudson

The finish line is finally in sight! I should have this finished Wed. morning. Maybe tomorrow afternoon but I doubt it. It has taken 7 weeks and over 150 hours. Usually I lay a piece down after a month but I was afraid to lay this down for fear of not picking it back up.

This week my niece and her family will be coming to MI. They will be moving to Sweden for a year. Both are college professors and the get Sabatical every 7 years. Their best friends live in Sweden so they chose to do their research in Sweden. My sister is having a hard time with not being able to see her daughter and grandchildren for a whole year. She's use to flying out to CO every 3 or 4 months to see them. Friday I get to see them for the day. I can't wait yet will be sad. Although I only see them once a year (usually for 3 or 4 days though not just one) it's hard to know they are going to Sweden so far away! I wonder if Michelle and Scott will take the boys into Finland while they are there. Finland is where our dad's family is from. They'll be at my niece's in Rockford for the weekend before the whole family heads up north for a week. Michelle's husband, Scott will join them at the cabin, he's tying up loose ends in CO over the weekend. From here they'll see Scott's mother for a few days then fly off to Sweden.

I volunteer at a cat shelter near here and this past weekend we had an incident. Fortunately it ends happily. I had the cats in my room in the hallway to let them run in the big room and go in the courtyard outside. (It's all enclosed). I happened to look into the big room and here are my cats on the other side of the place where they are not allowed. A new volunteer said she left the door open to let the cats out. Here the front door and back door are wide open. Fortunately I was able to grab another volunteer, and got 3 of the cats before they got outside. Then I was a basket case, went looking for the charge person and her daughter, told them what happened. They went outside to help the other volunteer. All but one cat were retrieved. But one cat ran into the woods. But this morning she was found and brought back to the shelter. I was so relieved. I felt terrible that it had happened.

Well...until next time Happy Stitching!

6 comments:

Linda said...

Doc Hudson looks fantastic Barb. Well worth the time.

Linda

Brigitte said...

Wow, this car is getting more and more in shape.
It's always hard to have children and grandchildren living so far away. I know that from my own experience. BUt fortunately one can use skype nowadays.

Heather said...

He looks great! That's good the cat was found but I'm sure you were worried. Don't worry a year will be up before you know it :). And in the meantime there's always Skype. It's how I talk to my mom and nieces and nephews. And I just found out we're moving to ca so I'm never going to live near them again so I'll be using it a lot.

Tiffany Pincombe said...

Almost there! That's great since this one has been a slog. How scary about the cat, but I'm glad they all got back safely.

Very sad that your niece and family will be out of touch somewhat for a year, and I hope your sister has Skype so they can still chat at least.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Congrats on almost having this done!!!

Faith... said...

Doc is looking great. How lucky for your niece and her family to get to visit and live on Sweden for a year; I hope they truly enjoy the experience! Glad all the cats were (re)rescued!