Monday, March 07, 2016

A Loving Heart Progress

Good afternoon! It's a beautiful day outside. Our snow has melted. Do I dare wish it was gone for good. Probably not as it's still early March and we may get at least a couple more good snow storms yet.

I haven't had much time to stitch on this piece until the weekend. But I've made a lot of progress since I first started it. I stitched a lot on it since Sat. I love seeing this piece come together, I think it's so pretty.

Sat. I got to go to Katelyn's birthday party. She turned 6 last Tuesday. It was noisy with all the kids there but it was fun. I got home went to the cat shelter. One of our newest cats got adopted. We knew Serenity wouldn't stay long. The lady that adopted her had grandchildren and was deciding between 2 cats, Serenity was gentle with the children so she took her.

I got home from the cat shelter and couldn't get into my apartment. My key would not unlock the door. So I went to a neighbor and called the emergency no. They refused to help saying it was not an emergency. No they don't get hold of maitenance when you forget the key but if it's the lock then they should have gotten hold of them. Finally the neighbor and I decided to retry and after struggling my neighbor got the door open. So I stayed in rest of weekend for fear of not getting back in. Called the office first thing this morning and they had no idea why the emergency crew acted that way. Maitenance did come and wouldn't you know it the door unlocked with no problem! I says "I hate it when that happens I look like a fool!" But I also told him two neighbors witnessed the problem and could verify it. He put some oil in it to see if that will help. Hopefully it will. And I hope it doesn't happen again on a weekend or at night.

Well....until next time.....Happy Stitching!

4 comments:

Tiffstitch said...

Nice progress and I'm glad the party was fun, but how frustrating about the door! And the response of the emergency crew too. Sheesh.

Heather said...

Lovely progress I hope your door works! That's ridiculous they wouldn't send anyone out! You should have broken a window to get in. Then they would have something to repair!

Weronika said...

Wow your progress looks great. This emgerency crew was weird - why are they for if not for helping people?

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What an adventure! Glad you've got it sorted now.
The heart does look lovely too.