Tuesday, March 29, 2016

A New Start but......

Good afternoon. I started this piece the other day thinking it would be a quick stitch. WRONG! In all capital letters. It is a very difficult piece. This piece is not going too well so may be placed on the "endangered pieces list" but I'll keep at it for now. It is such a pretty piece but oh the half stitches and back stitching drive me crazy and the pattern is not the easiest to read you have to guess and hope you are reading it right. Anyway here it is....I do have to do some frogging and yes I did a little improvising. I'll give it a few more days.


How was everyone's Easter? Mine was nice and quiet. It was just going to be my brother and I but then the lady across the parking lot rode with us to church Sun. and said her daughter was in Ann Arbor having brain surgery the next day. So we invited her to join us. I had plenty of food. The ham I bought was 9 llbs. It was the smallest ham I could find. I had never done a full Easter dinner before so was sort of nervous. But everything turned out well. For now on I'm buying real hams, not the canned ones. The pacakaged ones are much better.

Usually Tim and I would go to our brother, Kevin's for holiday meal. But this year their daughter and family were moving and so they spent the weekend helping them. Hopefully it'll be Melissa and John's last move.

Oh my niece Christina and her family moved to North Carolina. Something Christina especially has wanted to do for the last 3 years. Jared got a job out there so them and their 2 little boys moved. That was hard not just for Kevin and Beth but Jared's dad too as he worships those 2 little boys. In fact he has already made a visit out there. (I knew it wouldn't take him long to go out there and I expect he will be making many more trips out there then what he was). Jared's sister lives out there too but she doesn't have children yet.

Well....until next time.....Happy Stitching!

6 comments:

Cathy said...

Your cross will be beautiful when it's done. I hope you stick with it.

Heather said...

It's looking great I'm glad you had a good Easter!

butterfly said...


Lovely stitching , enjoy your day.

Carol said...

It's funny how designs can deceive us like that, Barb! I am often surprised at how long something takes when it looks so simple... This will be a beautiful piece.

Glad you enjoyed your Easter--so nice of you to include your neighbor in your day. I'm sure she appreciated it!

Rachel Tomkins said...

It's such a disappointment when we find a lovely chart only to discover it's difficult to read or full of intricate work. Please try and stick with this one as it's beautiful so far. :)

Weronika said...

Your stitching is lovely, good luck with it. I am very glad that you've enjoyed your Easter. And you've done wonderful thing for this lady.