Friday, April 15, 2016

Butterflies and Bunny well under way

Good morning! It looks like Spring is finally here to stay! Finally! I started this cute piece a little over a week ago and am really enjoying it very much. Yes it is very detailed but not as difficult and aggravating as that cross was. It has an awful lot of backstitching but I like back stitching, it really makes the piece come to life. It also helps me see where I am at on the piece.

I'm still having problems with Vertigo but not as bad as it was. I can at least walk without grabbing on to walls. Night is rough but it's always been harder at night.

My sister came in last weekend and mostly we stayed here. Kay and Tim did any running, they picked up groceries and my DMC floss for me. We played Push Rummy and Mexican Dominoes. I lost every game. One game on Push Rummy I went out every hand but 2 and lost as I got burned in those two hands, my score was over 150 in both those games. I don't know why but Saturn is a whole different cat when Kay is here. It's like he doesn't like having Kay and our brother Tim around all the time. But the house is sure quiet after Kay leaves and Tim goes home, Saturn is back to himself, and I always swallow hard as I know it'll be another two or three months before I see her again. But Kay and Ken will be retiring in a couple of years and selling their house and moving to this side of state. They'll probably live closer to their daughter but it's still a lot closer than what it was, and day trips won't be that hard.

Well...until next time.....Happy Stitching!

4 comments:

Cathy said...

That's another very cute chart that you're stitching and you've made good progress on it.

I'm glad you can walk now without bumping into walls. That's definitely progress. And, I'm glad you had a good visit with your sister.

Heather said...

Beautiful progress in glad you're feeling a little better :)

Brigitte said...

I love your new project a lot.

stitcherw said...

Cute chart, looking forward to seeing the bunny start to develop I hate doing back stitch, but as you mention, it really does help pieces come to life. Glad your Vertigo doesn't seem to be as bad, hopefully it will continue to improve, I can't imagine trying to function feeling like that.
Sue