Friday, May 27, 2016

Progress on Wildflowers of the South

Good morning! It is so nice and pretty out today. I've enjoyed having my sliding door open and letting the fresh air in. I run the air conditioner at night when it is somewhat warmer. I'm trying to save on the electric bill and hoping having it off most of the day and running it about 10 hours at night will help.

I am really into doing flowers, my last few posts have been with flowers. After this piece is done I'm picking America back up and will work on that for awhile. I'm anxious to pick it back up. So is my brother anxious for me to work on it again.

For some reason it took me several days to do the bottom middle flower. I just couldn't get into it. I did make a mistake on one of the other flowers and could frog it but I think I'll just let it go. I don't even think anyone knows what flower it is. And then I thought I would have to take out the whole left side of the border because it wasn't turning out right. But today I was able to finish the border off with no problem, I just miscalculated yesterday is all. What a relief.

This week has been fairly quiet so until next time.....Happy Stitching.

6 comments:

Carol said...

What a pretty piece this will be, Barb! The colors are wonderful--very cheery. It has warmed up here, too--too humid, though. We went directly from a cool wet spring to a hot, humid summer it seems! Enjoy your weekend...

Justine said...

What beautiful flowers Barb, this is such a pretty design. I wouldn't frog it, no one could ever see anything "wrong" with it.

Cathy said...

Very pretty piece, Barb. I'm looking forward to seeing progress on your America piece again.

Heather said...

They look great! I don't think anybody could find the mistakes :)

Von said...

Glad the second calculation of the border was the wrong one and it came out right! :D

Brigitte said...

Such a wonderful project.