Friday, September 15, 2017

Update on Live Today

I have been stitching quite a bit on this piece. It's a slow moving piece as there is so much back stitching especially the basket, slowly but surely it's getting there.

BSF has started for the season. This year we are studying the book of Romans, my favorite book of the Bible. I couldn't wait for it to start and it's well worth the wait. I think this will be my best year yet in BSF.

Right now things are slow at the cat shelter. After doing so well all year Aug. only 4 cats were adopted out but several kittens were adopted from Petco. Aug. and Sept. are traditionally slow months anyway and Oct. starts to pick up, then Nov. and Dec are busy again. This year we had an unreal abundance of kittens so our cats haven't been going to Petco just the kittens are. We now have another opportunity to adopt cats out on weekends anyway. The cats that we are looking for barns for will be going there for the weekend, one or two at a time. The people that go to that place (I forgot the name of it but has Tractor Supply in it,) are more apt to pick a barn cat. So we are hoping anyway.

I found out yesterday my nephew is coming in for a visit from AZ. It's been 5 years since he has been up here so I can't wait to see him. I'm not sure when but he's coming. That's the problem with having the nieces and nephews all over the country, you never know when or if you will get to see them again. I have a couple nephews in AL I have no idea if I'll ever see them again and have never met their children and probably never will. But thanks to Facebook we can have a little contact. My nephews rarely post, but their wives post on occasion so I see pictures of the kids. I love Facebook it lets you keep track of family out of states, and get to see and know their children through facebook.

Thank you for reading my blog and posting comments. I do read other blogs and enjoy them, I'm not good about posting comments. I know.

Well....until next time....Happy Stitching!

6 comments:

Brigitte said...

This is a gorgeous piece, and it's growing steadily. Great job.

stitchersanon said...

Beautiful stitching. Fb is great for keeping up with family and friends, but I do like blogging for more inspirational posts. I had never heard of Petco until the hurricane. I'm raising money for them now. So many animals in need of basic care. Heart breaking.

Faith... said...

Slowly but surely is still great progress. I think it is so much easier when doing a detailed piece to back stitch as you go along.

FB does have it's good side but I notice I "waste" a lot of time there looking around! I am trying to stay away but it is hard. Good luck with the kitties.

Justine said...

Great job on the stitching, it's so pretty.

Von said...

Your project is moving along nicely, Barb!
I know you're going to get a lot out of the study of Romans this year at BSF.
When family lives so far away, it's difficult to keep in touch. But Facebook does help! I have a nephew and his family that I keep up with that way.

Astrids dragon said...

That looks lovely so far! I know back stitching can be a pain, but so worth it in the end.
It's always nice to have family come visit, I hope you have a great time together.