Friday, March 14, 2008

Precious Moments Finish


I finished this about an hour ago. It will go to Carly V. at Love Quilt. I love the color blue so chose this piece. Plus little girls do like Princesses. Carly chose Precious Moments as theme of her quilt.

Tomorrow our SS class is having a chilli cook off. The hostess is making the chilli but asked the rest of us to bring corn bread. Correction I have to make my 7 layer bars so I need to get them made later this afternoon or early tomorrow morning. We had a game day not to long ago and I had the nerve not to bring them so I have to bring them tomorrow. Glad everyone likes them. I'm not a big fan of them, they are too rich for me.

Remember my Lighthouse square I did a few months ago. That is being quilted up now. At one of my groupls I'm in they asked if anyone wanted a certain quilt. I said yes, I had a friend coming to the end of her cancer battle. She isn't getting that quilt but the ladies wanted her to have one of our own quilts. Three were coming to a close. Because Ruth grew up on shores of Lake Michigan I thought she'd like the Lighthouse quilt best. I knew Ruth from time she was born, her older brothers and sister were same age as my sister, brother, and I. She was same age as my youngest brother. Ruth and John were missionaries to Spain. They had to come home a couple of years ago as Ruth got diagnosed with cancer. She did go into remission and was able to return to Spain for about a year. Then last summer the cancer came back so they came back home, hoping to return to Spain in Dec. Unfortunately they have tried 3 different treatments and nothing worked. A couple of weeks ago they were going to start a fourth treatment but her lungs filled with fluid. Her cancer had spread to rib cage and liver. So there really isn't much hope for her which is heartbreaking. Her father has Parkinson's and her mother has been taking care of him. All of this is hard for her but she says everyone praying for her is holding her up she feels the prayers. The family has meant a lot to the people in our church for years. They would do anything for anyone and if a visitor came, they welcomed them into their home.
One of the group memembers (Cross Stitchers for Charity) and a friend of hers are finishing the quilt this week and will mail it to Ruth's parents hopefully Monday. The group wants her to have it by Easter. It was going to be mailed to me but Ruth isn't doing well, I felt it best just to have it go to her parents and have her mom deliver it. If Ruth is up to seeing me, I'll go with her. She's in a lot of pain right now. When the quilt is done, I'll post a picture of it here. I've seen a picture of the top of it and it's beautiful.
Now this PM piece is done I'm just going to do a small Patriotic piece, then possibly start another Endangered Younguns piece, or one of the other ones. Yesterday I went to the Dr. because of neck and head pain. The Dr. felt it was more from stitching too much and said to take a break. I informed him I had too many squares due to be able to take a break. So he said just move around every half hour then and stay on the motrin in you have to. He was more concearned about Hypertension on me as my blood pressure goes up and down and has been up, so he gave me a prescription for that. I don't know why I really have no tension that I can't deal with. Oh well...
Guess what our weather is getting better although they say we aren't done with the snow, most of it is melting. It's been 40's most of this week 50 today. Tomorrow will be upper 30's but we can deal with it. Spring is coming!

Well until next time Happy Stitching!
Well until next time Happy Stitching

5 comments:

mainely stitching said...

Sending loving thoughts to you and your friend Ruth.

Jen said...

You are a very sweet person. I am sure Ruth will love the quilt and thought put into it by your group.

Mary Ann said...

A very pretty finish for Carly's quilt. I will keep your friend Ruth and her family and friends in my thoughts prayers.

stitcherw said...

What an adorable finish, I'm sure Carly will love having it as part of her quilt. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers.
Sue

Marita said...

Catch! I've flung some blog bling your way :smile:

http://leechbabe.blogspot.com/2008/03/o-holy-heatwave.html

I'm sorry about your friends cancer. The charity quilts are such a fantastic idea. My MIL had a heart quilt made up for her but sadly breast cancer got her before the quilt was finished.

The little princess finish is very cute.