Monday, November 18, 2013

Progress and a Finish

Good Morning! Did everyone survive the storms of yesterday? For us the storm lasted about 5 minutes as far as hard rain and thunder and lightning go. Lighter rain and the winds lasted longer. It did do some damage but fortunately no tornadoes here, but we don't get tornadoes. Lake Michigan protects us. East of us may have had a tornado or two but that will be confirmed today rather it was tornado or straightline winds. I finished the Sabine Bank Lighthouse in LA. I love doing these Lighthouses even though it has been years since I did one. They are small but detailed. This is Fifth one I've done over the years.
L am making great progress on this piece. I love working on it and it seems to be moving fast, especially for a Stoney Creek piece. I've done about 50 Stoney Creek pieces, I love doing them. Wonder if anyone has done more than me. My sister was in town for the weekend. She had planned to stay for church yesterday but after hearing the weather report she thought she better head out before the storms came in, so she left Sunday morning. Good thing she did or she would have been caught. We had our annual Harvest Dinner yesterday, after church but none of us went. We didn't even make it to church yesterday. While she was here, I was able to get Christmas presents for my mom, brother, and nephew. I'm holding off on the kids as they are so much fun and waiting to hear when/if we have a family Christmas this year. It's so hard to get a time that is good for everyone. Well...until next time Happy Stitching!

1 comment:

Justine said...

I love your little lighthouse. I'm a new follower who came by your lovely blog through several others. Blog-hopping is my new hobby! Glad that you got through the storms safely.