Friday, December 20, 2013

West Quoddy Finished

Good Afternoon. Unfortunately Red Bird is done for the year. I left the project in my sister-in-law's car yesterday. She was going to have my niece bring it to me today but because of the weather out there I didn't want her to drive anymore than she had to especially with the baby. So I won't get it until Christmas, I decided to work on something else and lay Red Bird down for the year. That second tree was driving me nuts anyway so I'll pick it up next year refreshed and probably will take no time to finish. So I got in my drawer looking for material for the floral pattern and I found this piece. I had been looking for it for about 2 or 3 months! There wasn't much left to do on it so I finished it off and after the first of year it'll get mailed off to Love Quilts. (I think it's who I promised it too.)

We will definitely have a White Christmas this year. We are getting plenty of snow. Today is more of an ice storm but more snow is coming.

I haven't said much about Saturn lately. His latest trick is to jump on my shoulders and just stay there until I get off the computer. He can be sound asleep in another room, I get to computer and he's there. Especially if he wants my attention! He's not too spoiled is he. Right now he's sleeping on his cat condo.

I finally have my Christmas shopping all done. My sister-in-law and I went the other day. Now it's arranging to get the gifts to Johnny, Katelyn and Trice.

Last Sunday I went to my niece's church with my brother and sister-in-law to see Johnny and Katelyn in their Christmas program. It was well done and they were cute. I don't think Johnny likes being on stage, he seems nervous on it. Whereas Katelyn just handled it like she was in the classroom. Afterwards we went to Melissa's house to have a birthday party for Johnny. He turned 7 a few days earlier. Remember when I posted the day he was born? Can't believe how fast time goes by.

Well, until next time Happy Stitching.

2 comments:

Carol said...

Very nice finish, Barb!! No white Christmas here--it has done nothing but rain for three days!! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and all the best in 2014 :)

Mary Ann said...

A wonderful finish, Barb! I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!!