Friday, February 02, 2018

Getting my stitching mojo back

Good Morning. I know it's been a while since I've blogged. I started a couple of pieces and they ended up in the garbage. Finally got this piece out and it's going great. I love doing it. An online friend did a lot of pieces by Crossed Wing Collection that I loved. I'm not a bird lover at all but I loved the pieces she was showing so I ordered a couple of their patterns and I love them. This is only after about 8 hours of stitching. It's going quickly and I've had to do very little frogging. I do have to improvise just a tiny bit as I can't find the mistake I made but no one will ever know not even me as it doesn't take away from the final outcome of the piece.

It's been hard to get into stitching until now because of the headaches and neckaches I've been having. I have arthritis in the neck and that's also giving me some good headaches so I've only stitched a little at a time. Plus my eyes are changing I think so I am picking easier patterns for a while. I think in the Spring when the weather is warmer the arthritis pain will go away and so will the headaches. I hope anyway.

We've had our share of snow this winter. We did get the Jan. thaw which was great. Now we are in the deep freeze and lots of snow again. At least there are only 28 days to Feb and then it's March. I know Mar. and Apr. bring good storms but at least there are nice days in between and we know the snow is coming to an end.

Well....until next time......Happy Stitching!

4 comments:

Purple Pixie Dust said...

Nice stitching. hope the headaches go away soon.

Kaisievic said...

Sorry to hear about your neck aches and headaches - that is no fun at all! Lovely stitching, though.

Faith... said...

Glad you found your mojo! That is a very nice piece you started there!

For your neck pain you may want to try one of those warming things (can't think of the name of them) that people put on their necks. I think they go in the microwave to warm them up?

Meari said...

It looks great, Barb. I love the Crossed Wing charts even though I've not stitched one.