Friday, June 19, 2020

A new finish and Mya with her quilt

Good afternoon! It is hot out there today, around 90. I watered my garden and got my walk in before it got too hot and now I'm enjoying the air conditioning!

I finished this piece early this morning. It will go to a friend in IN who's family is really musical. It was a bright, loud piece, not my usual choice but it caught my eye. I really enjoyed stitching most of it. That treble clef I didn't enjoy but the butterfly as intricate as it was, I loved stitching on it. Now I'm doing Lady and the Tramp for a little girl with cancer. I think it will be a Disney Quilt.

I do have a picture of Mya with her quilt. I was not there when it was given to her, but her parents said she really liked it. That little girl got 3 quilts in one week. Ours was different in that it was cross stitched and it's a lap quilt rather then a full size quilt. But she's so tiny it fits her perfectly as a full size quilt. The other two quilts she got that week, and the one she got earlier she gets lost in, but loves them too. As far as an update on her goes. A couple of weeks ago, she had a setback and landed back in the hospital. (So much for her two week break). She was taken to Grand Rapids and then the next night sent to Ann Arbor because of another setback. She was only there a couple of days, she got a blood transfusion went home day after that, and was in church the day after that. She is back in Ann Arbor now for another round of chemo. She is such a sweetheart, because her parents had to work, her grandma took her this time and the day she left she sent a text to her parents saying she loved them, she hoped they had a good day at work, she would be brave and she would be okay. That helped her parents. Today her mom posted Prayer changes everything but didn't say anything more, so I have the idea, that possibly Mya's cancer is responding well to chemo and her future looks better then it did. I don't know. But that little girl is a sweetheart and she deserves a miracle, the miracle of complete healing. Please if you pray, add her to her list. Thank you.

Well until next time....Happy Stitching!

4 comments:

Faith... said...

I do hope Mya's cancer goes in to remission. May I ask what kind of cancer she has? It is the most horrible disease ever. I love the quilt you made her and I am sure she is grateful for the support of everyone praying for her. I love that Music piece. It is so colorful and it really catches your eye!

Barb said...

Mya has Osteosarcoma (bone cancer 4th stage). But tests results show the chemo is working and shrinking the cancer.

Bethan said...

That musical piece is so lovely. How kind of you to make a quilt for Mya. It's great to read your comment that the cancer is shrinking. I will keep her in my thoughts x

Astrids dragon said...

Your Music piece is lovely and yes, quite colourful! I love the butterfly.
Mya looks so sweet showing off her quilt, it is the perfect size for her. Prayers for strength and healing for her.