Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Noah & the Gang


I laid down the Zinnias as I saw I wasn't going to have them done by the date they needed it. The little girl just is not doing well so they wanted all the squares by May 5 so the quilter could quilt it and get it to her. Emmie is only 8 and her parents were told there was nothing more that could be done for her, just keep her comfortable. The Zinnias will go to another little girl in Emmie's honor.

I picked Noah and the Gang back up and decided to just work on it until it was done. It really isn't going as fast as I thought it would but I do enjoy it. It's typical of Sue Hillis Designs, a little difficult and tricky at times and I have a hard time clealy reading the color key. But they are cute and fun to stitch.

Tonight is Carnival night at Adventure Club. It is our last meeting for the summer and we always have a Carnival for the kids. Something they look forward to all year. It'll be a very noisy but fun night.

My niece hasn't had her baby yet. She was due last Sat. If she doesn't have the baby by this Sat. she will be induced, but that still doesn't guarantee a baby although we hope she has it by then if not then. I said if the baby wasn't born on mom's birthday then it had to have a May birthday as that was one of 2 months we didn't have any birthdays in our family.

Thank you for making comments to my blog I enjoy them. I love reading everyone's blogs and that is what I'm going to do from here.

Well, until next time Happy Stitching!

6 comments:

Marita said...

Love the Noahs Ark.

Keeping fingers crossed that baby arrives soon and safely.

mainely stitching said...

Sorry to hear about Emmie's decline. The Noah's Ark you are stitching is really cute. :)

Best wishes for your niece's safe delivery of her baby!

Lennu said...

Your stitching is beautiful as always and I enjoy coming for a visit to your blog :)

~Julie~ said...

I really like that "Noah and the Gang"!!! I hadn't seen that chart before, and I really like Noah's ark designs. I will be excitedly watching your progress on it!

Still praying for Heather and the wee one!

~Julie~

Lainey said...

Another beautiful piece Barb.

Hope the new baby arrives soon.

Hugs
Lainey

stitcherw said...

I'm so sorry to hear that Emmie is not doing well, that would be so heartbreaking to eveyone involved. Your Noah's Ark is coming right along, what a fun colorful pattern. Hope the baby comes soon, that last period of waiting is always so hard.
Sue