Friday, May 22, 2020

Two finishes

The first one My sister-in-law called me and asked me to do Jeremiah 29:11 as a center piece for Mya's quilt. No border, just the words. I searched my pattern books for good lettering then remembered I had a shortened version of the verse in one of my books I had done years ago. So I just used the lettering from that book (it had some other verses in it.) The difficult part was figuring out the centering and making sure it was within the size requirements. It's not washed or ironed here but my sister in law has since washed and ironed it. We will deliver Mya's quilt hopefully sometime next week. I don't expect to see Mya as her immunity is so low because of the chemo but we'll give it to her mother. Right now Mya and her mother are in Ann Arbor for additional chemo treatments. Anyways here is the piece

The second piece is a bird piece a friend at the cat shelter asked me to do. I loved every minute of stitching on this piece. It just went so smoothly and made me think spring! Here is the Carolina Wren piece.

Our weather has been very rainy. A couple of days ago a city in Central Michigan had a once in a 500 year flood. It was bad. Even here there is some flooding especially along Lake Michigan and Muskegon Lake. Lake Michigan reached an all time high on water levels last year and expected to be higher this year. I've been down there a couple times this year and the level is quite high. We've lost a lot of the beach and one of the roads is flooded so we can't go down it. It was a main road. We are suppose to get more rain in the coming days.

Since restrictions have been lifted a little we are able to go back to the cat shelter soon but still can't have open hours. If people want a cat they have to select the cat on line make an appointment to meet the cat and adopt it. Actually we've had quite a few adopted out considering the circumstances we are under. Don't worry, the cats have been fed, and taken care of, they allowed a handful of volunteers to come in and take care of them. I'm getting anxious to get back to the shelter and to the food pantry. Our food pantry remained open but because of being high risk and at request of my family I did not work in the pantry.

Yesterday my brother had lung surgery. Because of the restrictions no one could be at the hospital. They did call and say he was doing well. Was going to be in ICU overnight then moved to a regular room today and go home Sunday if all goes well.

Well.....until next time.....Happy Stitching!

4 comments:

butterfly said...

Lovely stitching .
Have a happy weekend.

Astrids dragon said...

What a lovely verse to stitch for the quilt, I'm looking forward to seeing it finished. Hopefully they'll be able to take a picture of her with it.
That is a beautiful bird, it looks great with the flowers.
Sorry to hear you've had so much rain, what a mess we've seen in the news. Better safe than sorry out there, ease back into things and stay safe.

Faith... said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. You have stitched two very nice pieces here, I just love the birds. I hope your brother is on the road to recovery and is safe and sound at home!

Sandy said...

That wren is just beautiful. Very sweet stitch for the quilt as well. I hope your brother is home soon.