Wednesday, May 06, 2020

Max is finished

Hi again! I just finished this cute dog yesterday. I have organized a quilt for a little girl who is only 10 years old and was just diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. Her leg kept bothering her and they thought it was because of her injuring it in gymnastics. It got worse and worse so they ran more test found out she has stage 4 bone cancer, started in her leg and went to her lungs. She is an animal lover so her theme is animals. I asked people to do them soon as we don't know how much time Mya has. She is going through 12 weeks of agressive chemo treatments now. Anyway here is Max. The squares for her are just starting to come in. My sister in law is making the quilt as Mya is a neighbor of hers plus goes to her church. I'm now doing a cat that might go on Mya's quilt. My sister in law asked me to do a blue bird for her birthday so I may start on that real soon.

We are still basically under lockdown but some restrictions have been lifted. Hopeflly we can get back to normal by end of May hopefully May 15 but I don't see May 15 happening. Although our numbers are getting better. I'm ready to be back to normal go back to volunteering at the Food Pantry go back to the Cat Shelter.

Speaking of the cat shelter they can now take appointments to see a cat but the people have to know what cat they want and the cat is brought out to them. Last week 9 cats found new homes which was great. Hopefully that will get the momentum going. Not so much this week I don't think as next week Bissell Foundation is having empty the shelters all week and the animals are only $25.00 so I think people will wait.

Well....until next time! Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

butterfly said...

So sorry about the little girl.
Lovely idea and love the little dog .
So many of my sweet friends have cancer ,
I wish a cure will come one day to many lives are lost.

Astrids dragon said...

What a precious pup and a lovely addition to the quilt in progress.
It's nice to hear that cats are still being adopted during this time.