Saturday, October 31, 2020

Happy Halloween

Good Morning! I'm an early riser. It's 7:15 and I've been up and hour now. I'm trying to make the paragraphs. Someone said push shif and enter at same time. So we'll see if it works.

I laid down the Friend piece to do a Halloween piece. I had hoped to finish it by today, but didn't quite make it....Hopefully Tuesday will be finished if not before. It's a cute piece but lots of quarter stitches and I hate quarter stitches. So I'm ready to be done with this piece. This is progress as of yesterday.










Our church is doing an Equip U Seminar the first 3 Mondays of Nov. They had us do an assessment quiz. And man was I shocked by my results. I took the quiz 3 times and all 3 times it said Pastor. Me? I'm not getting up front and preaching! Nor am I much of a leader. In reading what it said about Pastor the part that put me in that category was I do like to serve and help people. This was a totally different questionarie then I had ever taken before. So we'll see what happens. I also joined a Mission Group at church. The group has mostly younger people in it and at first when told that I was disappointed as I was hoping at least someone would be in their 60's but said I'd try it out. I liked it when I went so it may have been a good fit. Besides my mind is younger than my body. I always say "It would be great if my body was as young as my mind thinks it is."


Update on Mya. FINALLY good news! She has been declared stable enough to be able to have her femur bone removed, part of her tibia bone, and knee replacement. Praise God! It's been a long, rocky road with many set backs. But finally the cancer in her leg has shrunk enough and the lesions and the modules in her lungs are under control. She will have the surgery Wed. Nov. 4, so please pray for her and her family that all will go well and she will have a successful, fast recovery. Also that the pain will be minimal. She deserves something to go very well after all she's been through, so do her parents and family after all the tears they had. She will be in a full body cast for 12 weeks. Through all the setbacks Mya's and her parents faith have remained very strong totally trusting in God knowing He is in control. Mya's spirits and that smile of hers are still there. Just pray everything goes better then expected thank you.

Today is Halloween. My mom use to say outside of Christmas Halloween is the best and most exciting day of the year when you are a parent. She loved Halloween and Christmas.

Well....until next time Happy Stitching and Oh.....Happy Halloween.

3 comments:

Barb said...

Mya's surgery scheduled in Oct. had to be postponed as a Dr. questioned Mya would survive it because of her lungs. So she went through a third round of chemo treatments which was the most successful yet.

Astrids dragon said...

That looks like it's going to be a sweet one when finished!
Good news for Mya, I do pray that her surgery and recovery go well for her.
Seems like you've got the paragraphs sorted out, and your Mother was correct!

Faith... said...

Sounds like you must have a big giving heart to be ranked as Pastor. Maybe you can teach those young people a thing or two about being in a Missions groups since you will have the wisdom they do not. Also maybe with you being in that groups some older people may join you!

So happy to hear about Mya's progress. I pray that all will be successful with her procedures. Very cute Halloween piece and glad the spacing seems to be working for you.