Saturday, January 30, 2021

Baby Pandas Finished

Good afternoon! I spent a few days just stitching on these to get them finished. I was so ready to finish them. I enjoyed them but they kept me on my toes that's for sure. Tomorrow I will give them and the Cheetah's to Mya's and Kylie's mother and she'll have her mother make them into pillows for the girls. Now I'm stitching on an American Flag for a boy at Love Quilts who chose Red White and Blue for his theme. It is going much quicker then I thought it would. Not looking forward to the French Knots though. I'm just going to do thirteen for the original colonies. Fifty just wouldn't look too neat.

Update on Mya she is doing great. She is getting stronger with each day and walking well for having a hip brace and knee brace.
Unfortunately the news isn't so good on my friend Jann. Who is my sister's best friend, we've known her and her husband since elementary. They were missionaries to Mexico, planned on retiring this year but just before Thanksgiving had to return to the States as Jann had a brain tumor that needed immediate attention. Had surgery a week after their return and found out she had terminal brain cancer. So their plans to return to Mexico got called off. They had hoped to return in March to say goodby to their friends and close off on their home in Mexico. Paul may do that by himself after Jann dies. She had gone under radiation and chemo treatments but none worked and this past week she deteriated so much the family decided to grant her wishes and just let her go. Sad and hard time for them but they know she's going to heaven and they will see her again. She'll hear theh "Well done thy good and faithful servant."

My sister has been coming back to town quite a bit for various reason. It's so nice to have her only an hour away instead of 3 hours away. We get to see her a lot more.

Well until next time Happy Stitching!

5 comments:

butterfly said...

Such a sad post Barb , my heart goes out to all .
In the past I had allot of sadness in my life so understand how you are all feeling .
Your stitching is just so beautiful love it .
Take care and stay safe.

Aďka said...

Smutný príbeh...
Výšivka pandí je rozkošná a milá a určite niekoho poteší :-)
Pekný víkend,
A.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The pandas are adorable!
So sorry to hear about your friend, I hope they can make the most of the time left together.

Faith... said...

I am so sorry to hear about your friend. Cancer is a horrible disease and is terrible for families to have to deal with. I hope that her husband will be ok thru his journey without her. Good news about Mya though! Glad she is improving! The pandas are cute, congrats on that finish!!

Astrids dragon said...

Awe, they look adorable! It will make a lovely pillow.
I'm glad to hear that Mya is doing better, good for her!
But sorry to hear about your friend, Jann. It's never easy, even though you know where they're going.
Did you ever find where to add your pictures? I use snapfish.com and you just have to order something once a year (I think). I normally make a yearly calendar so it works for me.