Friday, December 07, 2007

Swirly Snow Update


I have been working on this a little the past couple of days just to get a break from Baby Jesus. That one angel is just giving me fits. Maybe Monday I'll post a picture of that. I hope to finish this piece tomorrow but not sure. I have a busy weekend ahead. I'll get some stitcing in tomorrow morning I think.

Our SS class is having a Christmas potluck at the church tomorrow. We were to bring a $5.00 gift exchange. I got told what to bring for the potluck and as a gift. My 7 layer bars. I don't like those things they are too rich but so many people like them. So tomorrow I'll make 2 batches of my seven layer bars, one to eat and the other as a gift. Hmmm....wonder if I would get away with that for our family Christmas Dec. 26, having the 7 layer bars be a gift too. We'll see. I still have to get 3 more gifts so I may just pick up a gift then too.

I just got back from seeing my mom. She's doing really good. She is in Rehab right now and will come home for good next Friday.

Well...until next time Happy Stitching!

6 comments:

Marita said...

Love your swirly snow stitching.

Good luck with the layer bars.

Praying your mums recovery continues smoothly.

Pumpkin said...

You're getting there!

That is wonderful that your mother is doing well. I hope she is getting used to things and not getting too frustrated. It will take time.

Seven layer bars...what is this????

mainely stitching said...

I'm so glad your mom will soon be home!! :D :D

And your current project is coming along very nicely!

Chiloe said...

I love it !!! Is it hard to work on such a dark fabric? Who is the designer? Can't wait to see the finished piece!!!

Teresa said...

I love the snow stitching and seven layer bars!! I am glad to know your mom is doing so well. Let your mom know I am sending good thoughts her way.

Teresa

Wawanna said...

OOK, so now you just HAVE to share the recipe for those seven layer bars! Now that you have us all so interested.