Saturday, March 22, 2008

Patriotic Finish


I just finished this a few moments ago. It really was a quick stitch. I started it yesterday afternoon and finished it today. It only took about 6 hours to stitch.

It's been a very busy week around here with something going every day. In fact I was gone a little bit this morning and will leave again in about 20 minutes. I'm going with Ruth's mother to deliver her quilt. I better remember my camera so I can take pictures. It was done by ladies at Cross Stitchers for Charity. Which is where this Patriotic square will go. They wanted squares fit for a teenage girl so I thought this ws cute. The piece I wanted to do I started months ago and can't find it. Oh well....

We had a snow storm last night. We didn't get hit as hard as most areas but harder than what we were expecting. Here our snow was almost all gone. Thbis will melt over the next few days.

Anyone have plans for Eastser? I'm going to my brother's house. My parents are going out to eat and another brother will be with his girlfriend so Kevin and Beth asked me to their place. There will be lots of other people there but I get along with Beth's family really good so it'll be fine. I'll get to see Johnny.

We had two birthdays this past week, Melissa turned 27 and Ashton turned 5. Big birthday for the little guy and he was more interested in his new helicopter my brother got him than cake and ice cream. We made the mistake of giving him his presents first.

My brother is moving into an apartment in the same complex I'm in. I'll be able to bug him a lot. And in return I'll be walking his dog.

Well have a Happy Easter everyone and until next time Happy Stitching!

5 comments:

Marita said...

That is a lovely square.

Look forward to seeing pictures of the quilt.

We had a lovely Easter (is 9.30am on Easter Sunday here in Australia). Dawn Service in the Cemetery at Church then back home for hot cross bun breakfast. Followed of course by the easter egg hunt.

Dani said...

I love your patriotic square! My parents are down for Easter and my roommate from college is here as well. We are planning on going to church tomorrow and have lunch afterwards.

mainely stitching said...

What a cute finish, Barb!

I hope you're enjoying a happy Easter. Here, we celebrate simply and at home. It's nice.

I'm trying to imagine having my brother for a neighbor, and I can't. We live about 6,000 miles apart and it seems to work pretty good for us.

Kim said...

Very cute patriotic square!

I would loved to see pictures of the quilt.

We keep all holidays simple. We both have big families that all live at least an hour or so away, so we usually visit before the holiday. The holidays are spent at home with just my DH and son.

Hope you had a great Easter.

Johanna said...

Cute square :)

Hope you had a nice Easter.