Friday, September 12, 2008

One-in-a-half words to go


It's getting there. It should be done by Monday if not Sat. I really am enjoying this piece. Some words took longer than others but other than that it's really a fun stitch.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how a church can have a Missionary Memorial? What did you do for it? I finally am getting a memorial set up for the very first missionary our church sent out. Catch is I'm going to have to include the other missionaries that we sent that died too, so far that's 3 possibly 4 then another one has end stage cancer so she'll be included when she dies. I had really wanted a missionary corner to promote missions but that fell through. A compromise is a missionary hutch and still get to feature a missionary every couple of months. I have contacted the families of the 3 missionaries and they are all excited about something being done. We'll do something after the first of the year right now we have 3 other major things we are working on coming up in Oct. and Nov. Just curious as to what if other churches did. I finally took it upon myself to upgrade our map as we had one missionary listed as being in Peru who for the last year or transferred to Mexico as the work he set out to do in Peru ended. Took down a retired missionary and have to get pictures of two other families to put up.

Yesterday there was a fire at the elementary school my little great nephew, Ashton, goes to. Can you believe a little second grader started the fire. Not much is being said on the news about it. My guess is he wanted to see what would happen if he started a fire with the bathroom tissue and didn't fully understand what he was doing. What a young child is doing with a match or lighter I don't know. Fortunately no one was injured, they sent the children all home and they are off until Monday so they can clean up the mess and get some of the smoke smell out. Ashton is in Kindergarten so was not in the area of the fire.

Well, guess I'll go back to stitching. Until next time Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

That is looking very pretty.

I hope you can figure out how to memorialize for these wonderful people.

That is so scary to hear that a fire was started at the school. I remember one of the past years catching a first grader that had brought a lighter to school.... what is up with these parents leaving lighters down where kids can get them.

Marita said...

I love your stitching, it is looking amazing.

The memorial sounds like a great idea. Can you maybe make a memorial garden? Dedicated trees or plants?