Friday, January 23, 2009

Taking It Easy is Finished


I finished this about an hour ago. I loved working on this piece and am so happy with how it turned out. This will be mailed out early next week and go to a young boy at Love Quilts. His story is sad his mother tried to smother him as an infant and it left him brain damaged, blind and multihandicapped. Needless to say his dad and step mother are raising him. Why do people do that to such innocence. Granted babies cry but that's what they do. I could never imagine anyone in our family doing that to their babies. They are or were too good of mothers.

I'm finally feeling a little better. I'm coughing a lot but at least I'm not miserable like I was Tues, Wed, and Thurs.

Last night my brother and sister in law had everyone over for dinner to celebrate dad's 80th birthday which was earlier this month. Since I didn't get to go a plate was sent home for me, so I had a good turkey dinner last night and today.

Well, I'm going to go kit up my next piece, for a girl at Love Quilts. I had planned to stitch something else for her but couldn't find the book! Grrr....isn't that the story of my life. Usually it shows up later though , Until next time Happy Stitching!

11 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

A beautiful finish for a little boy that will treasure it, I'm sure. What a terrible tragedy this poor boy had to endure in his young life. Its sad that some people do not cherish life and the greatest miracle when they receive such a blessing. Thank you for making him feel blessed!

Terry said...

Beautiful finish! I'm sure he will cherish it.

Pumpkin said...

Love it Barb! Who's the designer again?

That is such a sad story! Some days I wonder why there are people out there that even have children :o(

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

WOW Barb that is beautiful! Great work.

Tama said...

That is adorable! Good job - and so fast!!!
What a terrible story... it's so nice of you to help make his life a little brighter.

Chiloe said...

Great finish !!! Emma loves it too ;-)

I'm glad you feel better today !

Karol said...

Beautiful finish! What a sad story about the little boy. Thank you for making his days a little brighter.

Cindy F. said...

~~Congrats and Happy Dance!!~~ on a beautiful finish! Love the horse:) and such a wonderful thing for you to do for the little boy. Horrible story. I will never understand such things. So glad his dad and step-mom love him.
Happy to hear you're feeling a little better.

Wendy said...

This one is very nice, I love horses too!
I hope you feel much better now. I had a flu-like feeling also last week and I'm still not feeling 100 %

Sharon said...

Great finish! Congrats.

Connie B said...

Nice finishes!!