Monday, December 21, 2009

Honest I am Stitching-Some


I've made some progress on this over the past 10 days. It is coming slowly but surely. Mostly bcause I just haven't had the time to stitch on it. But don't have much to show for my time either is the problem.

Christmas at the Lakeshore was a success. We had over 600 people come out for the 4 performances. We swetted that one out as our Board was told the failure or success of this lied within our board and we really didn't get that much time or money to pull it off but after the first night's performance we knew it was going to be a success. Hated the costume I had to wear, and I think I will have a burning ceremony for the cap anyway. I'll keep the skirt, blouse and cape for Halloween next year. LOL.

Last night we had a beautiful candlelight service at church. It was the end of the Advent Series Pastor was having. It was so pretty and really did put me more into the Christmas Spirit. I've been sort of Baa Humbug about Christmas this year. I do have all my cards done and my Christmas Presents are bought so I had some spirit. Just not much more.

My mom came home from the hospital today. We are a little upset with the hospital though as she fell Friday night and didn't tell anyone. An aide mentioned it the next day and my dad and brother were there. They didn't even tell the Dr. my dad told the Dr. this morning so she's having x rays next week when she's a little more mobile. Today my sister is coming in until Thursday to help out. Since mom didn't want to go to a Nursing Home dad is going to need more help from us. We didn't blame her at all who wants to be in a Nursing Home over the holidays and that is just what would have happened. There is a problem though my mnom's back bones are so fragile, if she just turns wrong she can break them. She has a back brace, which she hates to wear but admits that her back feels better with it.

Well-while typing this I see someone has stolen my stitching chair!
This year I haven't made any of my stitching goals except to stitch 7 pieces for Love Quilts. I had the goal of 100 posts this year too. That fell short. If I post one more time after this I'll have 68. I think I can.

Today is the shortest day of the year. Hooray the days get longer. I love seeing the days get longer. I make a game out of it through beginning Feb. Then I just settle back and enjoy the added sunlight!
I hope you all Have a Merry Christmas. Enjoy the day with your families. Well...until next time Happy Stitching!

3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Good progress on you WIP!

Merry Christmas to you and your family!!

stitcherw said...

You've made great progress, it is looking so pretty. That's wonderful your church program was such a success too. Glad to hear your mom was able to get home, I can understand not wanting to be in a nursing home over the holidays as well. Hope you all had a lovely Christmas.
Sue

Meari said...

That's looking really nice, Barb.