Friday, July 01, 2016

Hope Sampler

Good afternoon! Boy! June did fly by! It is already July 1. I left my America piece at my brother's last week and don't have it back yet, so I decided to do the Hope Sampler in mean time. And may be doing a couple of other pieces before I get that piece back. Anyway this piece is full of improvisions. For one thing I don't know how to do the specialty stitches so the bands are just my own version of the bands on the pattern. Another thing the word Hope is also going to be improvised somewhat since the pattern is for 28 count and I'm doing it on 14 count. At least the Lighthouse will be accurate. This piece is going to a little boy at Love Quilts unless I decide I messed it up too bad, then I'll find another piece to do for him.

Last week I got to see my Aunt and Uncle at my brothers. It's been a year since I've seen them. We had a nice visit with them. We admired my sister-in-law's garden and all her flowers in front yard and back yard and my brother redid the sun porch and it is really nice.

I'm looking forward to the Summer Olympics. I like the winter ones better, but I do like the Swimming, Diving, and Gymnastic events and some Track & Field. I've been watching the tryouts so that gives me a taste of what the Olympics will be like.

Well....until next time...Happy Stitching!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Lovely stitching :). I'm the same way I like the winter better but I like the gymnastics too :)