Tuesday, August 22, 2017

He Gives Us Peace is done

Good Afternoon! It's a cloudy cool day here, possibly more rain coming. August is usually a hot month but this year has been rather cool. I even turned off my air conditioning and opened the sliding door to get fresh air in. Later this afternoon my sister will arrive. This will be her last visit until Oct. now but that's not that far away.

I just got home from Physical Therapy. One more session in mid Sept. and to get exercises to do at home. I could do more but the out of pocket cost is just too much to continue on. It's doing some good so as long as I keep doing the things at home I should be okay. The headaches and neck pain has subsided and even the light headedness is getting better.

I finished this piece the other day. It was fun and I enjoyed stitching it but was so intricate. It will go to a teenage girl at Love Quilts who chose Religious as theme of her quilt. The piece I'm working on now is from the same book but not as difficult to stitch. It's called Live Today also by Stoney Creek. My last 4 pieces have been by Stoney Creek. You think I like their designs? I think I'm done close to 100 SC pieces.

When my sister gets here we're going to a restaurant to celebrate my birthday (it was last Monday the 14th). I'm trying to decide where I want to go....I'm so picky.

Well until next time....Happy Stitching!

7 comments:

Terri said...

A very belated Happy Birthday! Love the finish, too!

butterfly said...


Hope you had a lovely Birthday.
Good to hear you are feeling a little better.
I love SC too, always lovely to stitch , yours is beautiful.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Happy Belated Birthday and congratulations on the Happy Dance for this finish. I am sure she will love this block on her quilt.

Faith... said...

Very nice stitching Barb! I am sure it will be appreciated.

Happy Belated Birthday!! I hope your birthday dinner was nice. Where did you decide to go?

Astrids dragon said...

Oh, it looks wonderful! I'm sure she'll love it.
Hope you found somewhere fun to go for your birthday dinner!

Weronika said...

Beautiful finish! Happy Belated Birthday!

Justine said...

Happy belated birthday! Hope you and your sister had fun. That's a beautiful stitch which I'm sure will be loved and appreciated.