Wednesday, June 20, 2018

A Small Finish

Good afternoon. Between the headaches and now an eye infection I've done very little stitching. I finally am getting back into it but may be small pieces for a while. My brother sent me two kits. One to do for him and his wife and the other for their Grand Daughter Chelsea. Chelsea really liked The Alamo when she was down their visiting them This piece is the smaller of the two kits. I like this designer but man her kits are expensive. I do love the needle she has with them. Like other designers doesn't really include enough material to frame the piece. Fortunately I had some material here that's a very close match to hers so I did it on that.

I love the warmer weather and seeing the flowers start to bloom in my small garden. (I live in an apartment so they don't have large gardens.) I can't wait for the hydrangias to bloom they are so pretty.

We had a kitten shower a couple of weeks ago and were really happy with the results. A lot of people came through so the kittens got a lot of food, toys, etc. And 4 kittens were adopted out. Plus we got $100.00 in donations. It was a rainy day that day so we were really afraid no one would come out, maybe just the volunteers but we were pleasantly surprised.

Well....until next time....Happy Stitching. I'm off to read some blogs.

2 comments:

Bethan said...

I hope your headaches and eye infection clear up soon! A lovely little bit of stitching x

Astrids dragon said...

I hope you're feeling better by now and can be stitching more.
The little Alamo is so cute!
Glad to hear that four kitties found homes, and the donation was nice too.