Friday, June 05, 2020

Southwest Scene

Does this look like a Southwest Scene? I've never been Southwest, (just CA or CO) so I don't know. Anyway I finished this yesterday. I've been wanting to do a Southwest piece for a long time and this just never appealed to me until now. So I pulled it out and stitched it. It was a fun stitch.

Today my sister in law and I are making a meal for Mya's family and taking it over there with her quilt. I am anxious to see the quilt. I don't know if Mya will be there if she is I doubt we will see her. She just completed 5 weeks of agressive chemo treatments and was given 2 weeks off before it starts up again. She was doing well, the cancer in her leg was shrinking (they don't know if it is in the lungs), she was pain free and even walking again first time in weeks. She got home last Thursday and all was well until Wed. night when she ran a high fever so they took her to a hospital closer to home. I don't know if she's still there or if she's being discharged. We'll just give the quilt to her mother and her mother will give it to her when she gets home. She needs prayer. She is only 11 had just barely turned 11 when what they thought was a gymnastic injury to her leg turned out to be 4th stage bone cancer that spread to her lungs. She'll be undergoing chemo therapy the next 30 weeks at least (off and on I assume), plus will be loosing her femur bone after she's had 30 treatments then undergo 20 more chemo therapy treatments after that. Because of her immunity being so low her parents are being very strict on who sees her and I don't blame them. Hopefully they'll take a video or pictures of her with the quilt and put it on her caring bridge page.

This year I got aggressive with my garden. I got sick of the weeds being so tall and grass was growing in the garden and the roots were deep. So I asked a friend to come help me. She dug the grass out by hoping on top of the shovel and pushing it in, it all took about 2 hours. (I have a small garden). Then we went to the store and bought a few more plants to plant. Hopefully I'll buy 2 or 3 more Monday. There is lots of space. I've been able to keep ahead of the weeds.

Things are finally starting to open back up here in Michigan. Restaurants can open on Monday. They still are not opening up Hair Salons or Barbershops. Hopefully by end of the month.

Well...until next time.....Happy Stitching!

4 comments:

Sandy said...

Hey Barb, I got a quick moment to hop in. I love your stitching. Did you finish the great blue heron? I saw it in your list. I have a pattern I really want to get to of a heron.
When my mother gets better and I can get back to my blog I will hop over more and browse around.
Sandy

butterfly said...

I love your new stitch.
I will pray for Mya such a sad story .

Faith... said...

Sorry to hear about Mya but I am sure her family will enjoy and appreciate the meal along with the quilt. Can you share with us a picture of it finished?

The stitch looks exactly like southwestern to me! Congrats on the finish.

Astrids dragon said...

Oh no, so much for a little girl to endure. I do hope the treatment works for her. I'm sure the quilt will put a smile on her face and hopefully comfort her.
It looks like a beautiful Southwest scene, are you going to frame it?
Those darn weeds, they really know how to mess up a garden! I hope you post a photo when it's done?