Friday, March 09, 2007

Update on Rhapsody in Blue


I got quite a bit further on this piece this past week. I'll work on it through Sunday then go back to My Security Blanket. It's moving fairly fast. Hopefully with working on it Sun. and Wed. through March I can finish it up the first week of April. That's my goal we'll see if I make it.
Our weather is so much better now. We have the sun and is going to be in 40's later today. It's suppose to rain tonight. That will get rid of some of the snow anyway. Maybe off the roof anyway and get rid of the icicles, although as I said earlier I get a thrill out of watching them melt and get a kick off of seeing the snow on roof recede off the apartments across from me.
Tomorrow I am going to Grand Rapids for a Church Ministries Conferance. They have them once a year, and every year about 20-25 of us go from our church. They are usually very good.
I can't believe I did this but I let myself be talked into doing a small video for our Common Grounds Ministry that's starting in April. It'll be one Sat. evening a month and it'll be a Contempoary Worship Service with a Coffee House Setting. So Pastor Nate volunteered me to do this video and I got caught in the moment consented and there was no backing out. So we taped it yesterday. I don't drink coffee. So he had me open up 10 packs of sugar and yes 10! put them all in the cup and then put it up to my mouth pretending to drink it and say "Ahhhhh. good coffee." The second taping I say "Nothing like a good cup of coffee". I don't know which one he'll use, I'll find out Sunday when it's shown to the church, and they have to figure out what is being promoted. Most of them will figure it out. I'll hide my head after that I think.
Well, I'm going to read some blogs, then do some more stitching on this piece. Until next time....Happy Stitching!

9 comments:

Nicola said...

Barb, your Rhapsody in Blue is looking beautiful. Who is the designer?

mainely stitching said...

This looks so beautiful!

Good luck on your video.

Anonymous said...

This piece is looking just gorgeous.

stitcherw said...

You made a lot of progress, this is looking lovely.
Sue

Johanna said...

You've made some really great progress this week - looking really good! :)

Stitchy Princess said...

Rhapsody is lovely! And now you're a TV star! I don't drink coffee, either... maybe you could drink tea next time?

Margaret said...

What a gorgeous piece!!

Meari said...

Great progress. It looks good!

Kali said...

Beautiful piece.