Sunday, April 15, 2007

Sailor Girl Teddy Bear


This week's question of the week.."How do you decide which stitching blogs are worth repeat and/or regular viewings? Are there certain things you look for in particular? Are there things you wish there were more of? Less of? Is your blog a good example of what you like to read?" I basically look for blogs that show a lot of their stitching. I like seeing their progress pictures too. I also like seeing pictures of their children and scenery pictures. What I don't like is when the blog is used to vent. I don't mind someone doing it once in a while we all do that, but all the time no I won't read them then. I hope my blog is a good example of what I like to read. I like seeing progress pictures and finished pieces, and try showing them each time I blog.

This is progress on Little Girl Sailor. It is going to a young girl at Love Quilts. I'm enjoying this piece, it is very easy and moves fast. An easy piece to do these days. I hope to have it finished sometime this week. There is a lot of white in this so it may not show real well. I do have a question. I goofed in the sail boat. The post should have been yellow instead of pink. I discovered it too late to even attempt to rip it out. Should the boat itself be yellow or pink? I thought pink just for continuity. Yet yellow would be a different color. What do you think?

Well, I better go get ready for church. Until next time.....Happy Stitching!

6 comments:

stitcherw said...

Cute project. If it was me, I think I'd go with pink for the boat as well, although maybe in a slightly darker shade. That would keep the color consistent, but give it a little bit of change as well.
Sue

Stitchy Princess said...

That's so sweet! I like the boat as it is right now :)

Jen said...

Very cute. I think yellow would be fine for the boat. I do have a question for you. How do you volunteer for Love Quilts? I tried to contact them but the e-mail bounced.

Johanna said...

I'm with you, I enjoy reading the blogs with regular updates on the stitching - and if it's someone I am already familiar with, a bit of daily life is nice to read too.

Your little sailor bear is looking cute! I think either pink or yelow would loook great - would it work well just to put the yellow where the pink should be to balance it, or do the colours near to the boat itself not work well with yellow? Look forward to seeing how you go with this :)

mainely stitching said...

For that cute Love Quilts project, I would go with a yellow that contrasts and compliments the pink - I just love it when the kids' quilt squares come out bright & cheery. :)

I agree with your blog reading preferences. I've slowly carved most of the 'venting' blogs off my list. Real life has enough of that!

Petra said...

I agree the yellow would be nice and cheery!
Nice blog, I will add you to my favorites. You have some beautiful finishes!
Petra in NJ