Saturday, April 21, 2012

Finally an update


Good morning! It's been a while since I have posted. A few things have happened since I last posted to my blog. Plus Untill two or three days ago I didn't stitch a whole lot. Here is a picture of Song Birds and what is done on it. It's progressing quite a bit now.

I had to put my precious Whiskers to sleep on Monday. After about a week of eating very litttle and just not being himself I took him to the Vet prepared to have to put him down. While he still was fairly active and used his kitty litter a little he just wasn't himself. The Vet said it was kidney failure. He could have done a couple of tests to make sure and some IV's but how long would that have lasted and I did not want him to suffer. But it broke my heart.

I had to get another cat right away so we went to Pet Smart and this cute little orange and white kitten was making himself known even when I at first chose another cat that was 2 years old but when we got her out she really didn't respond to me. Saturn responded right away rubbing himself against me, playing and wanting my attention so I applied for him and got him on Wed. He is orange and white, short hair, looks like by his tail and other markings he may have some tiger cat in him and is 9 or 10 months old. The Humane Society (where Pet Smart got him from) said he was a stray and brought in to them last Oct. They put his birthday down as July 8 but neutered him in Feb saying he was 8 months at the time so I'm thinking he's 10 months old. He is adjusting very well and has definitely made this his home. He's already discovered if he wants me off the computer he jumps unto the back of the chair and slowly gets in my chair and nudges me off which he is doing right now. He also is a bigger eater than what Whiskers was, I feed him twice a day and both times his dish was empty. He weighs 9 lbs 7 oz. Whiskers at max weighed 7 1/2 lbs so he is a bigger cat. He is definitely creating his own spot in my heart.

Well....until next time. Happy Stitching!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Lovely work on Song birds!

I know how hard it is to put down a pet. My heart was broken when I put down my dog in July even tough I knew it would happen as she had been suffering from cancer for quite sometime. None the less, it was the hardest thing I have ever had to do. It wasn't until we got our new dog that I think I started to get over her passing. But remembering those special and fun times will keep her memory alive forever! So I understand your pain - my sincerest sympathies!!

Carol said...

Oh, I'm so sorry about your little Whiskers, Barb. I know how much it hurts. I still miss my dear Shadow and it has been four years... I hope little Saturn will be a wonderful addition to your home :)

Nice progress on Song Birds...

Anonymous said...

Hi Barb

So sorry to hear about Whiskers. I have lost five cats and the pain never truly goes even though we have two lovely girl kitties now. They all hold a special place in your heart don't they?
So glad Saturn is making himself at home, he sounds lovely.

Your Song Bird looks great.