Sunday, April 14, 2013

I started this piece a couple of days ago. So far it's an enjoyable piece. It is United in Love by Kappie only I'm not doing it as a wedding piece but for a quilt for a lady at quilts for older children and adults. One of the things she likes is music, so I chose this piece. I just hope I didn't start too far over. My thoughts keep going back to 1 year ago. One year ago this was the last weekend I had my sweet little Whiskers. I pretty much knew I'd be making the appointment Monday morning. I remember laying on bed in the middle of afternoon still fighting tears over this decision and Whiskers came up and laid on top of me for the last time. It was like he was saying goodbye and thanks for a great life. I had him for over 19 years. On Friday of that weekend I made a trip to Pet Smart hoping to get some food that Whiskers would eat. I saw Saturn from a distance and he was watching me close but I couldn't bring myself out to go near the cats . After putting Whiskers down on Monday I did go back to Pet Smart looking for a declawed, neutered, 2 to 5 year old cat. But this 9 month old kitten named Mo kept meowing and meowing and when his kennel door was open he ran to me and rubbed against me, I was hooked. Needless to say I applied for him, and on the 18th I got to bring him home and it's been a great fit. While he's not Whiskers he has created his own spot and life does go on Even though Monday morning, April 16 2012 I thought the world was ending. I still miss Whiskers I still shed tears but I really think Whiskers, and my first cat, Buffy sent Saturn a special message to make himself known to me. And I'm sure they approve of him and laugh at how he has gotten his way on everything. Well....until next time Happy Stitching!

No comments: