Friday, May 03, 2013

A very quick finish

This was a very quick finish. I loved doing this pretty piece. It was detailed but small. Well our church got some sad news this week. Our Senior Pastor is leaving and going to a larger church about 60 miles east of us. He's been at our church 8 years and the people just love him. Though a few of us sort of new he would be leaving we read the writing on the wall. I found out Monday night and had to keep it quiet all week, that was hard. Then today he e mailed everyone and told them. He had planned just to tell everyone Sunday but someone let it slip to the people at prayer meeting Wed. I guess so he decided to e mail everyone and still announce Sunday. He'll be with us 2 or 3 more "Sundays. When Pastor Brian left everyone thought his shoes would be hard to fill and Pastor Shane was perfect and did fill the shoes even better. Now it's going to take someone really special to replace him and his wife. I am trying to get ready to have the apartment ready for it's annual inspection Wed. These people are very critical of housekeeping. I have my sister in law coming Monday and Tuesday to steam clean the rug and floors. My sister comes to town Tuesday again so looking forward to seeing her. Well...I think I'll go back to stitching on the Fishing Boy for the Sandy Hook Project. Until next time Happy Stitching!

1 comment:

Claire said...

Quick but so pretty.x