Saturday, January 10, 2015

Back to America by Mystic Stitch also Turtle Trot

Good Evening. I just also realized that this was Turtle Trot Day. Well----This is the only one I made progress on. I'm keeping the same TT pieces I had last year. Oh I decided not to do the America piece I said I was going to do.....It was more challenging than what I wanted to take on. So this is really the only TT piece I made progress on. My other TT pieces are. 2) the Pansies 3 Count Your Blessings 4 His Eye is On the Sparrow, 5) Strengthen me 6) was one by My Big Toe Designs I forgot the name of it. The remaining 4 I have to decide yet. So much has been happening I haven't given TT a thought.

Like much of the country we got hit hard by the winter storm. There was a huge pile up on I 94 down by Kalamazoo yesterday, involving now they say 200 cars. Conditions the last 2 or 3 days were hazardous, many times you couldn't see in front of you, the white outs were frequent. I don't drive but did have to go out in it 4 of the 5 days that were so bad. Yesterday stayed in. Compared to last winter though this winter has been good. It's suppose to clear up and warm up starting tomorrow and then we'll have a heat wave next week 20's and 30's.

I had problems with my scanner and computer a few days. Finally today I called Geek Squad and they solved the problem so I got to scan this piece.

Today would have been my dad's birthday. This year mom is in heaven with him too. We are sure they are playing golf together with some of their friends, old and new ones. So I've been thinking of him a lot today.

Well...until next time....Happy Stitching!

4 comments:

rosey175 said...

Progress is progress and Back to America is coming along nicely. :D

And yikes, what an awful pileup. I will go without a lot of things to avoid driving in winter weather (we're due for ice this weekend yuck).

Southpaw Stitcher said...

Back to America is looking great! We heard about the accident on the local news here--here's hoping that our weather keeps warming up!

~ Toni ~ said...

Progress on one piece is still moving forward. Looking forward to seeing what the remaining four slot will be filled with for 2015. Happy Stitching!

Tiffstitch said...

Great progress on this one, it's a majestic chart. Good luck picking the other 4 too.