Monday, December 14, 2015

Four more ornaments

Goof Afternoon. Even though it doesn't look much like Christmas there is all sorts of Christmas activity being done. I did these four tiny pieces from Leisure Arts Holiday Quickies. They'll be made into individual ornaments later on. Actually the Santa and Teddy Bear were much more enjoyable then the Gingerbread man and Bells. They were boring but the Santa and Teddy Bear had enough detail to make them fun. I think each piece took about 4 to 6 hours at most. I'll probably be doing more mini pieces. My next pieces isn't this small but it's small like about 4 x 4. I have to kit that up

Yesterday I went to church with my brother and sister in law to see 3 of their grandchildren in their Christmas program. The 2 girls and Johnny had speaking parts and they did really good. Afterwards we went to Melissa and John's to have Johnny's birthday dinner. The poor child he had some things on his list he didn't get but he was told he wouldn't get them. He wanted a bee bee gun, 22 rifle, bull dog and chuwawa (sp) those real small dogs. He was okay with not getting them, he got a lot of other nice things. And no he isn't getting them for Christmas either.

I just talked to my sister and she told me after 25 years she is quitting her job. Something she never thought she would do. She's a RN at a Nursing Home near their house, and it was bought out this summer and since then things have been getting worse and and worse so many have quit. An opportunity came up for her and she looked into it and got hired. So she has mixed emotions right now, nervous about starting a new job and leaving the residents and staff she worked with. Twenty-five years is a long time to work at a place and then quit.

We were able to find homes for 4 of our cats at the shelter over the weekend and 8 others at Petco. (The cats and kittens that we have in foster care go to Petco, sometimes a shelter cat will go there.) But we were happy. But one of our very favorite cats, Andrea has only been with us a little over a month got really sick and I asked today and they said she's not doing good at all so we are worried about her. We had hoped she'd be adopted for Christmas and probably would be but now if she recovers it'll have to be Jan. at earliest. Speaking of cats my own cat is meowing at me to get off computer well he just jumped up and got in front of screen he means business. So until next time.....Happy Stitching!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Your ornaments are adorable! I love the little Santa :). I hope your kitty recovers it's great so many were adopted.