Tuesday, August 02, 2016

Pages 7 &8 of America are finished

Good afternoon. The top half of America is now completely done so I uploaded it in two parts so you have an idea what the top half looks like. I now have close to 1,000 hours put into this piece. I am going to start page 14 tomorrow, which I am excited about as it has much more color in it. Right now I plan to lay this piece down the end of Aug. We'll see how far I am on page 14 and how it goes.

I'm getting anxious to see my niece, Michelle and her boys and hear about their year in Sweden. Michelle and her husband, Scott are college professors in Chemistry and it was their 7th year. Every 7 years they get to take a year off and do research anywhere they want. They chose Sweden as their best friends live there. Scott is not coming here, he's going back to CO to get their house ready and plus his classes start earlier than Michelle's so he'll be getting ready to get back into teaching.

Our church is having Bible School this week. I'm not working in it this year but on Friday will be working at the picnic for them. That will be fun.

Unfortunately I think my one Hydrangea plant is dead for the rest of season. Hope it blossoms again next spring. My other one is doing pretty good, and my Tomato Plants are doing great (as well as the others). I even picked a couple of tomatoes a couple of days ago, but fear I did it a little too soon. I'll make sure the rest of the tomatoes are ripe before I pick them, they are not nearly ready yet.

Until next time.....Happy Stitching!

3 comments:

Justine said...

Congratulations on finishing the top row! Looking forward to seeing page 14.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great work on Liberty. This piece looks huge!

Heather said...

Fried green tomatoes are good :). My tomatoes got attacked my hornworms this year and I lost everything! Beautiful progress!