Wednesday, August 17, 2016

1,000 Hours of Stitching on America

Good Morning. Yesterday I reached a milestone on America, I stitched on it 1,000 hours! I started it Jan. 1, 2014 and hope to finish it in 2017 or early 2018. This is what I have done on page 14. See above post to see the top half of piece.

It's been a busy few days. Friday I got to see two nieces and their children. Michelle and her boys had just arrived back from a year in Sweden. (Her husband went on to CO to get their house ready plus he starts teaching again end of Aug. Michelle starts beginning of Sept.) It was a fun noisy day. My birthday was on Sunday so my sister was also at my nieces, and made me Coconut Cream Pie using our mom's recipe. It was sooooo good. I hadn't had it in years. I had posted on Face book I had 3 wishes, one was for my mom's coconut cream pie, 2) to go to Golden Corale on my birthday, & & 3 to have a cat or two adopted from the shelter. Friday was so much fun. It was nice to see the girls and kids again. The kids are growing. On Sunday I went to church and then my brother took me to Golden Corale. It was so good.

Sat. we did not get any cats adopted at the shelter but 7 of our cats and kittens that had been taken out to Petco got adopted. We were so thrilled at that. And since 3 of the cats were at the shelter first I count that as the wish coming true.

Monday my Sister in law came and got me and we went to Dutch Village with her two daughters. Six kids in all. Melissa has 4, ages 1, 6, 7, and 9. And Christina has two ages 1 and 2. Trice will be 3 in Oct. That was fun. The kids enjoyed the animals and rides. Little Trice kept saying in the car all the way there "We're going to see the animals." I think he had the most fun. He was fearless on the rides even loving the ferris wheel and another ride that kept go up, down, out in circles. I forgot the name of it. We were worried he'd freak out on that but he loved it, and he even knew he had to hold on to the rail and not the chains. Afterwards we went to Pizza Hut and had Pizza! We had planned to go back to the park but the 3 little ones were really tired. Isaac had fallen asleep, Trice and Ryker were too stubborn to give in and were getting cranky. Ryker fell asleep on ride home Christina and the boys will be going back to NC on Friday to rejoin her husband. This was an unplanned trip as Christina fell ill and since they had only moved to NC a few months ago they felt it best for her to see the doctors that had been treating the illness all along. It's an illness she'll have to deal with for life. She's doing much better now so will be returning to her husband.

Well....I'm going to go back to stitching. Until next time....Happy Stitching!

7 comments:

Purple Pixie Dust said...

sounds like allot of fun for the kids. hope Christina gets better soon.

Mii Stitch said...

Congratulations on such impressive progress on your current stitching project :)

Tiffstitch said...

Wow, congrats on such a huge milestone! You'll get there. And glad you had a wonderful birthday too.

Carol said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Barb! The coconut cream pie sounds amazing!

What an impressive project--looking forward to seeing it finished :)

Justine said...

Congratulations on your milestone on this amazing stitch and a very happy belated birthday!

Heather said...

America is looking stunning congrats! Happy birthday I'm glad all of your wishes came true!

Faith... said...

This is my first visit to your blog and all I can say is WOW, America is stunning!!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and your comments. You are a no reply blogger so I couldn't send you the information you asked about. The Words SAL was designed and emailed to participants from the www.palkolap.blogspot.com She usually puts them on her site for free once the SAL is complete so check there often!