Saturday, November 10, 2007

The Caretaker


Almost 3 complete pages are done. I'm going to start the 4th page in a few minutes as the blue is getting monotonous. I'm really anxious to get to the next section as I think the Elk will start to come in and the pattern will really look like something then. I am really enjoying this piece. So far I've put in a little over 160 hours and I have worked on it 5 weeks now. I started it 5 weeks ago today infact, so you can see I do have spent probably more time than I should have on it. Oh well.....I'll keep at it for awhile anyway.

We had a Pizza Party for the 3rd-5th graders from Adventure Club last night. They played a lot of games and had pizza. The kids seemed to enjoy themselves. They played a couple of games that usually aren't played at Adventure Club.

I had the Ultra Sound yesterday to see if it's my Gall Bladder causing my problems. We really don't think it is, we sort of think it's the Acid Reflux Disease in large part. And I think it is but man the discomfort and nausea I feel at times. A part of me wonders if I'm just drinking too much Pepsi.
Afterwards I went to my parents to unpack some of their photo albums etc. But the ones mom really want are still in storage so we'll need to get them out. Also spoiled the dog some more. I missed that dog. She's quite a character and when I left I told her I'd try not to stay away so long and she just looked at me and listened intently. Of course she got a couple good walks out of me. She leads me where she wants to go!

Well until next time Happy Stitching!

10 comments:

LoriRay said...

What a lovely picture! I can't wait to see it finished.

Hope your health problems are easily fixed so that you can feel better very soon. *gentle hugs*

mainely stitching said...

Oh, colas are notoriously difficult on the body. I hope you'll find the problem AND the solution very soon!

Beautiful progress with your stitching!

Mylene said...

Very good progress, Barb. Hope your health problem will get better soon.

Pumpkin said...

That is a LOT of progress Barb! I don't know how you can stand stitching such big solid areas though :oS

Ease off the pop/soda and that will definitely help :o)

Ruth said...

Hey Barb -- too much Pepsi, eh. do you suppose a switch to Coke would work? ;-)

Your Caretaker is stunning so far. Congrats. Of course, the best is your little pumpkin. Heavens, he's a cutie!!!

Teresa said...

The stitching is beautiful. I look forward to seeing more. I do hope you feel better.

Take care
Teresa

Unknown said...

Looking great! I can see what you mean about the blue, there lots of it!

Hazel said...

It's looking fab! xx

stitcherw said...

You've made great progress on this, the colors are beautiful.

Good luck with finding the problem so that you can work towards a solution. Reflux disease can be such a pain (literally) if not treated. The discomfort and even nausea it creates can cause all sorts of problems. Hope you feel better soon.

Noticed in your previous post that your heat had been acting up. Hope that it is fixed now. No heat in the cold is no fun. Also, the picture of Johnny as a pumpkin was adorable.
Sue

Anonymous said...

Wow! It is coming along nicely. I know what you mean about a color becoming monotonous. I am running into the same problem as I stitch on Spiritdancer. Have a great and safe Thanksgiving!