Friday, August 06, 2010

Scott and update on Treble Cleff




I haven't had a lot of time to work on Treble Clef this past week, but I am pleased with the progress I made on it. It's so pretty and fun to stitch on. It's detailed but not overwhelming.

This past week my niece, Amanda, her husband, Luke, their baby, Scott and their dog Bella were all up here visiting. Later today they are heading for WI to visit his family. Scott is so cute and such a happy baby. I never heard him really cry much. We had a nice time with them. It was the first time in 4 or 5 years they had been here as they were stationed in England for 3 years years. It may be awhile before they come up again and I don't blame them as next year Scott will be a toddler and the new baby will be about 4 months (yes she's expecting again). It's too hard to travel with young children from AL to MI or WI. So we may have to go down there to see them.

We are finalizing plans for our parents 60th Anniversary Open House at the end of the month. It's actually Sept. 2 but for our family for as many as possible to come we had to do it the weekend before Labor Day. As it is Amanda and Luke came early as they couldn't come then and her two brothers and a couple of other of the grandkids can't make it up then either. Face it we will never have every member of our family together, we never did. It won't even happen for any of our funerals we're just too spread out and too many of us. Lol! Oh well....That's the American Family today!

I am certifiable. Our Pastor just says he unleashed a monster! We are having a Mystery Dinner at church in Oct. and I am a little too excited about it. I've come up with a few ideas for the "Who Done It? skit we are doing. And I'm one of the characters but what I'll be doing I don't know. I'll tell more as the time comes. Right now it's 78 days away and I feel like going to my Facebook and startubg the countdown but it's a little too soon, just to add mystery to the event. I am so bad but I love to have fun with mischieviousness and that's what I'm doing!

Well....until next time Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Scott is a real cutie!! And he appears to be a big boy too! That will be tough on Amanda when she gets further along in the pregnancy and just after the new baby is born. I will send some positive thoughts her way.

I am really liking the Treble Clef. When I saw your first picture of it, I couldn't figure out what made that circle a musical piece. LOL Now it is obvious.

Good luck with the Anniversary celebration and with your Mystery night at the church.

Meari said...

Glad you had a nice visit with your niece and family. The baby is adorable.

Your stitching is coming along nicely.

Hope your mystery dinner goes well :)