Saturday, February 08, 2014

Another new start

I'm on a row doing easy projects. This one isn't as quick as the other two but I love stitching on it, and wish it was bigger to be honest.

We use to sing this song in church off and on. When I saw this pattern in The Stitchery Catalog I had to get this and the "I can do all things....(Phillipians 4:19) I think that was the verse no. It's in Phillippians 4 anyway. It was my dad's favorite verse so I had to get that only it's on back order. Three of the kits I ordered last week came, the other two will come in March.

After I finish this piece I will do a Precious Moments piece for Love Quilts and then I think either Eiffel Tower or The Great Wall of China for another Love Quilts Quilt. I'm leaning towards Eiffel Tower it's easier.

I am more than ready for Spring to come. We've had well over 100 inches of snow fall already this year and have 24 inches on the ground. (The snow banks are probably 6 or 7 feet tall and that's no exaggeration some are almost up the wires). So far they say it's 5th snowiest winter on record with Jan. and so far Feb. being second snowiest on recornd. (1977-78 winter was snowiest.) But Feb. is not even half over yet and we still had 2 more months that snow so we can move up the ladder. Maybe not quite as much as 77-78 but we may give it a good run for it.

I love the winter Olympics. Although I wasn't that impressed with the Opening Ceremony (I only watched half of it though I had to watch Hawaii Five O.) I did see some of the Figure Skating on line and look forward to seeing more tonight with sound. I don't have speakers on my computer so don't get sound. I keep saying I'm going to get speakers so I can hear what my great nieces and nephews are saying when videos of them are posted!

I just got done reading some blogs. I seldom comment but I do enjoy reading the blogs. Thank you for reading my blog. I love seeing where everyone comes from and who all reads the blog, it gives me encouragement that people enjoy my projects. I may not get a lot of comments but that's okay, like I said I seldom comment on blogs myself. I go in streaks, sometimes I'm in a mood to comment, sometimes I just enjoy reading the blog which is usually the case. I still enjoy the blog.

Well....I better get some dishes done and Saturn has just woken up from his nap and telling me I've been on computer long enough in fact he has put himself between me and the screen so I can't see what I'm typing. So guess I better go. Until next time....Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

Linda said...

Nice start Barb.

Linda

stitcherw said...

Pretty new start, and your earlier Faith one turned out great too. I'm with you on having had enough of winter, we had a bit more snow today, I don't know where they are going to put it all, and when it all starts to melt I bet they'll be a royal mess.