Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Another new start and another win

Good morning!
I got anxious to start Ex. 2:20 piece by My Big Toe Designs. It was the one I won at 123 stitch. It's going well. I sort of wish I would have changed the colors but that's okay. This piece will be added to Turtle Trot.

I entered 3 drawings this past couple of months (first ones I had entered in years) 2 of them at 123 stitch. This is the one I won there. It'll be fun to do for a Patriotic Love Quilt Square. Isn't it cute?
I will probably do Miss Liberty for Love Quilts and possibly a portion of the Teddy Bear one. Then Mary Ann (Just Stitching) had a drawing on her site and I won that. I look forward to seeing it. Only problem, Mary Ann, I don't have your e mail address so if you don't see my reply here is my e mail address....Barb k 28 at yahoo dot com. I'll send you my address when I get your e mail. I look forward to getting it and will do it this summer. I love Patriotic pieces and summer is when I do them. So now I'm trying to decide if I want to keep entering drawings, or just lay low again. My mom won a lot last Friday at Life Circles, then over the weekend her winning streak continued she won my sister and I all but one time on Push Rummy and Mexican Dominoes. Our two favorite games to play when we're together.

My sister came to town on Friday and will return Wed. She was going to go back yesterday but because of a family emergency (I won't go into here) she's staying until tomorrow. She came because some lifelong friends were speaking at our church on Sunday. They are missionaries to Mexico and on furlough for 6 weeks. Anyway when we got to church Sunday it was a surprise! We not only saw Jann and Paul but we saw Paul's brothers and sister, plus 2 other couples and another friend all who had been friends of ours most of our lives. We had a reunion, I was so excited I was so hyper. It was great to see them all again. Most of them went out to eat afterwards but my sister and I chose not to go, as we felt it was more for the family but we didn't realize the others were going too, oh well. At least we had a good time seeing them and some pictures were taken of some of our old youth group at church.

Last night I got a call from my mom at about 9:30 pm asking me to see if a certain little 4 legged llapso was at my door. My brother's dog just loves me and she thought maybe she snuck out when my sister took me home. Kay drove around twice looking for Autumn. About 10 I called back and said, "Kay why don't you come get me, I'm sure she's in the apartment somewhere, if she is, she will come when she hears my voice." So Kay came got me, and sure enough I went into the bedroom talked to my mom and called Autumn and she came out from under the bed! We all laughed so hard, so of course my sister and I took her for a walk together since it was dark I wouldn't do it alone. So my sister took me home and called back later and said "After worrying about Autumn and searching for her, and even walking for her, what does she do leave a mess for Kay while she was taking me home. Kay goes, "That's the thanks I get." Autumn is an older dog and to be honest we are questioning how much longer she'll be with us as she is constantly wetting on the carpet and leaving messes. Of course if my brother and nephew would take her out more when she wants she wouldn't do that. You can believe my brother is going to hear about last night and he'll laugh too. She wouldn't respond to Kay or mom but boy did she respond to me. Kay says, "We should have thought about this 3 hours ago instead of all that worrying we did and the driving around I did. Next time Autumn disappears, they'll come get me.

Later today we're going to my niece's house. She recently moved to a house they had built for them. We'll get to see Addie and Nolan too.. Can't wait.

Well...until next time Happy Stitching. Thank you for reading my blog and for the comments you leave. I appreciate them.
\\\\

1 comment:

TammyK said...

Great new start Barb!