Monday, June 11, 2007

Some Progress


I hope you can tell I've made progress on Wild Menagerie. I'm still plugging away on it. At least now you can tell the Tiger is going to be a Tiger. I really am enjoying this piece for now. I hope to have the Tiger completely in and the Lion almost done if not done by time I lay it down. A couple of people said it only took them a month to do this piece. They must stitch faster then me or spent more time on it then me, because I've worked on it over 130 hours and not even half done. Each their own I guess. I'm not sure I may have to take out some but I'm waiting until I know for sure.

Today I did some shopping for our Food Pantry at church. I had fun getting stuff that we normally don't carry but thought we should. I went to Sam's Club so we could by bulk on stuff we really needed, like canned meat, fruit, and soup. I got some other stuff kids like. Things like Speghetti O's and Raviolli, Apple sauce. We were stating to get low and it just wasn't coming in so I used some of what we had in our account. Hey if I don't use it, we don't get money next year!
Next week we have Bible School so it will be a busy week. I'll work with the kids. I don't know what age yet.

Well until next time Happy Stitching.

10 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I can see progress on Wild Menagerie, and it's looking very nice! Our Vacation Bible School is this week.

stitcherw said...

Great progress. This is when photos come in so handy, you can really see how much headway has been made.
Sue

Margaret said...

You've been very busy while I was away Barb. The otters turned out so sweet and will be such a wonderful part of the Love Quilt.
Congratulations on your niece's graduation. She is a lovely girl and you must all be so proud of her. Where will she be going to college?
Oh my goodness "Wild Menagerie" looks very challenging. You are doing a fabulous job though.
Have a wonderful time teaching at Vacation Bible School.

Jen said...

Your progress looks beautiful. I can not imagine finishing this project in one year, much less one month. You are doing a wonderful job.

mainely stitching said...

Some people have finished that in a MONTH?? My heavens, I'd be measuring in years, I fear.

Stitchy Princess said...

Yes! I can definitely tell it's a tiger now... still not sure about the lion, though!

I hope you have a wonderful time teaching at VBS!

Pumpkin said...

You're going to have this done in no time Barb and you'll put me right to shame ;o)

Nicola said...

Your tiger is really starting to take shape now Barb. I'm also not sure about the lion.

Meari said...

Looks good, Barb!

Johanna said...

You're making really good progress on this, looking forward to the next update pic. Think I mentioned before, But I LOVE on-black pieces, you're doing a great job!