Saturday, February 07, 2009

Another new start


I started this firetruck the other day for a baby memorial quilt. They wanted the color blue or anything to do with baby boys. All boys like firetrucks and they lik dogs so I thought this would be a cute piece. It's by Diane Arthurs of Imaginating.
I am still working on the heart piece. My sister bought me a small magnifying lamp to clip on to the pattern and that has made a big difference. So much easier to see and read. I may just get an ott lamp sometime in the future.

These past few days have been busy so I haven't had much time for stitching. My sister was in town for a couple of days so Thursday afternoon and Friday morning I was with her and mom. We went to the mall shopping, played games, etc. Thursday I was so sick though, my asthsma was flaring up something awful. I've had this stupid cough for a couple of weeks now carried over from my cold. It's been a long time since I've felt like this. We also went into Hobby Lobby as I needed floss. While in there I saw a board game I had never seen before and if I had the money for it I would have bought it. It was Stitchopoly. I had never seen it before. Maybe next year. This year I'm trying very hard not to use my credit cards unless an emergency;, (like if my teeth go bad, or if I have to take my cat to the Vet, etc.) So far I've been very good but the year is still young.

Our weather is getting better! Yesterday was 30 and today is already 40. It'll be 30's and 40's for the next week! Maybe it'll melt the snow. I love seeing the icicles melt off the roof. Most of them are gone except for a couple that got really thick.

Well, until next time......Happy Stitching!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I think that will be a perfect piece for the project.

I, too, have asthma and COPD and am suffering with a cold and cough. It is very frustrating to get tired so quickly. Hope you feel better soon!

Wendy said...

This will look great on the baby quilt.
I really hope you will feel much better soon.
It's good that the snow is melting and the weather is going to be better. Here it is not freezing anymore.

Chiloe said...

I like this new start but usually I like all you stitch ;-)

Debra said...

I think it will make a cute quilt block. I had seen that game, but haven't played it yet. Let us know if it is fun. Good luck not using your CC. Hope you get to feeling better. Most of our snow is gone now, just a few small piles. But boy can you see all the trash and limbs that was under all that snow. LOL!
Debra in Indiana

Maren said...

All boys like firetrucks, they are going to love it! I can't wait to see it when it's done!

stitcherw said...

Cute new start, and your floral heart is looking lovely too. Glad that the clip on is helping you to see it easier to work on. We are having the crazy weather too. I don't know what is going on with allergy's but mine have been acting up a lot lately too. Very strange to have them in February. Hope yours settle down and you're feeling better soon.
Sue