Monday, April 05, 2010

First Bookmark done


Well....it will be made into a bookmark, not by me but someone else. Our church is just starting a Women's Ministry, where we will do Care Baskets for those sick or shutin. I saw last Sunday they were looking for Bookmarks so I told our Pastor's wife I would do 5 of them. So the giraffes are laid aside for this week to get these done. I am hoping to have most of them done by Thurs. to give Charlene more time to find someone to make them into bookmarks. I do not sew! I flunked Home Ec in high school because I couldn't sew. And I haven't touched a machine since then.
Happy Belated Easter! I hope you all had a good one. We had a really nice Easter Service at church. A little sadness as a lady everyone liked who helped anyone she could, was in church last Sunday, died suddenly on Monday so her lost was very much felt and mentioned a lot through out the service. Her husband and all 5 of her children were in church and her grandchildren. She'd been delighted to of seen them all there. The music was wonderful. The choir sang and our Christian Ed Pastor sang a wonderful song tracing Christ life from birth to the cross to His Ressurrection. It was great.
After church I came home made my 7 layer bars for our family get together at my brother Kevin's. It was so good to see the kids again. Johnny got an Easter egg hunt. Katelyn smiled a lot. She's only a month old now. So all in all it was a great day.
Well....Dancing with the Stars is on so I want to watch it. You'll be hearing from me a lot this week anyway. Until next time Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

Stitcher said...

Happy belated Easter to you too!
I'm very sorry to hear of the loss of your friend.

Love your bookmark!

Mylene said...

A lovely bookmark finish.