Saturday, July 10, 2010

Buckeyes are finished


After 138 hours and about 4 months of stitching off and on this piece is done! It was so much fun but had it's times. Now I'm just doing a couple of easy pieces, like that Unity piece I started last week and a couple of bookmarks. My parents want a bookmark in their Care Basket which I hope they will get next month. If it's this month then I'm in big trouble Lol.. I think they are going to be the featured people for month of August at church. The head of the CareBaskets wanted them to be this month but we (my parents, church secretary, and I) talked Char into this other couple instead we felt they deserved it more.

Today my mom goes to the Nursing Home for Rehab. It's been a strange few days. She doesn't come out of surgery too well and gets confused. My dad spent 3 nights at the hospital...last night I talked him into going home and just trusting the Nurses. We were really impressed with them. More so than any other time she had been in the hospital and I hope there is no more surgery for her!

Well...I need to do a couple other things and then go wash my dishes so until next time.....Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

They are beautiful! Congrats on the finish!

Sharon said...

Gorgeous finish!