Friday, May 13, 2011

Some Progress on Precious Moments piece.

I haven't had a lot of time to stitch this past week.  It's just been one of those weeks.  

Last Sat. I was doing my laundry at my brother's when we got a call saying my second dad, , died a few hours earlier.   He was in an accident with his wife Friday afternoon but it was a minor accident and so he went home.   That night he started bleeding in the head so he took him to the hospital where he died.   They are not sure if the accident caused his death or a pre existing condition.   He was 84 and had a bad heart.  .  His first wife Katherine, is the one I was close to.   She died of Alzheimres and a blood clot a few years ago.  Katherine and Bill became my second parents years and years ago when I was a young child and they were home on furlough from India.   After his current wife's first husband died I started praying Bill and Ruth would get together and they did.  For a few years Bill lived right across the parking lot from me, but after Bill and Ruth married, he moved to Ruth's house.   I saw him a few times after that.   The last time I saw hime was at the funeral of another long time friend.  He gave me the biggest hug he  had in years.    I wonder if he knew back then he would die so soon.   They say he had a preomonition so maybe, but like I said he was 84.   I have missed Katherine and will miss Bill.   I will always be greatful for the role they had in my life and for the  example they set to so many of us.

Because Bill's funeral was Wed. I didn't make it to our last BSF session this year.   It''s a sharing session anyway but is usually good.   Next fall we will be studying from the book of Acts.   That will be interesting.
Wonder if a lot of the history of the church will come with that.

Well.....until next time Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

~ Sue ~ said...

The PM is looking great Barb! I've already given you my comments on your death so I won't repost those, but just know that you are all in my prayers. (((Hugs))) Sue

Debra said...

nice stitching so sorry to hear about your dad.