Monday, November 03, 2014

MMMM SAL

I decided to join the MMMM (Mega Monthly Many Mini SAL) I just started this piece this morning so there isn't much to show on it. It's Give Thanks a freebie by Jean Parish. When finished there will be two pilgrims and an Indian holding hands.

I did work on a couple of other pieces (Count Your Blessings and Strengthen Me) a little since I last blogged but I really have not stitched much.

I think I last posted on Oct. 25. Little did I realize the chain of events that would happen just 2 hours later and the next few days. I talked to my mom on the phone around 11 am and she sounded pretty good my brother and sister-in-law were there and we thought she'd be going home from the hospital in a day or two at most. We told each other we loved each other and I told her I'd be up that afternoon. I went to volunteer at Faithful2felines at noon and planned to go up to hospital after that. About a half hour after arriving there one of the other volunteers came up to me and said "I'll finish your two rooms your brother is here and said there's an emergency." I knew right away. So we got up to the hospital and were joined by Kevin and Beth and mom was unresponsive. My sister was on her way in from other side of state, and our other brother, Kenn was just waiting for further word as he lives in MO and could only take so much time from work. Sunday it seemed like mom was trying to respond but the Dr. said no it was just part of the dying process. Monday came and we could see she was weakening and we had to decide what to do. We wanted her to go to Harbor Hospice where dad was and a nurse did come to evaluate mom. But the Dr. at Hospice didn't want to risk the ambulance ride. Well long story short we all came to an agreement the mask that was keeping mom alive would be changed over to a canula and if she was with us on Tues. then everyone was willing to risk the ambulance ride and she could go to Harbor Hospice. Also my sister spent Sat., and Sun. nights with her and I was going to spend Monday night with her. About 4:30 Kay and Tim went down to get something to eat and Kevin and I started noticing her breathing becoming more shallow. Kevin was just about to call Kay and Tim up when they walked into the room saying they decided not to stay and felt they should come up. We think that was from God. Anyway they made it up to see mom take her last breaths. She joined dad in heaven Oct. 27 at 5:50 pm. So the next few days were hectic, so much more to do than there was with dad. We had her funeral on Sat. A long time family friend and my niece's husband sang the same songs they sang at dad's funeral. And Pastor Shane drove in and Pastor Al and my brother Kenn all spoke just like at dad's funeral. I really wanted the song I can Only Imagine by Mercy Me played so my brother found the tape and as they played the song my brothers, sister, nieces, nephews and two of our great nieces and I walked in carrying a picture of mom and dad each one of us chose and placed it on the steps then they brought her casket it. It was a nice funeral.
We all miss mom but happy she's in heaven with dad and rejoicing and praising God forever. We will see them again.

Well until next time.....Happy Stitching!

10 comments:

Annie said...

So sorry to hear of your mom's passing. Sending hugs and prayers.

Linda said...

I'm so sorry for your loss Barb. Sening hugs and happy thoughts your way.

Linda

Von said...

I too am sorry to hear of your mom's passing. What comfort and joy it is to know she's with the Lord and your dad!

Justine said...

So sorry to hear of your sad loss Barb. Sending prayers for you and your family.

Mary Ann said...

Barb, I am so sorry to hear of your mom's passing. I know it is a very sad time for you, but there is comfort in knowing that she is in a better place and with your dad.

I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.(((hugs)))

Rachel said...

How quickly life can change. I am sorry to hear of your mum's passing. Sending thoughts your way.

Pull the other thread said...

So sorry to hear of your lose.

rosey175 said...

Sending warm fuzzies your way. I love "I Can Only Imagine" by Mercy Me too. I think I would dance. :)

bonnie said...

Prayers to you and yours!!!

Carol said...

I'm so sorry to read about the loss of your mom, Barb... Perhaps she and my dad are exchanging "hellos" up in Heaven :) I'm glad she didn't suffer too long and I'm so glad you were able to tell each other your loved the other before she passed. Thinking of you during this sad time...