Sunday, September 30, 2007

Need Opinions


This is my progress of Map Of Michigan so far. I am revising it as there were some animals on it and my sister just didn't like that. So at this point I took out the pig and put in the log cabin. I was trying to keep the color sceme basically the same, I also forgot to put a window in the cabin so it's the back side okay. There will be a tree put on each side of the cabin. I chose a log cabin over tent as it was easier, plus it is a big hunting and camping area up in Northern MI. Michelle herself would tent it, I'll try a tent in one of the other states. I also found a small Lighthouse Pattern, and sand dune to put on West side of state. Does the cabin look okay?

We had a Workers Appreciation Dinner at church Friday night it went well.

I haven't talked about the Food Pantry, it's going okay. Just when I get discouraged and think why have it, then someone needs it. Right now the church is having Oct. be Food Pantry Drive Month so I expect a lot of food to come in.

Sat. starts our Monthly Sat. Contemporary Worship Service. I am in charge of the children. So I have the first Missionary Story and Bible Story all picked. The children are going to be acting out the stories. I don't want this to be Adventure Club or Jr. Church. It's a Contemporary Service so Contemporary is what we will get. David and Goliath is going to be first story.

Well, I'm going to go do my dishes then go back to stitching. Please let me know what you think on the cabin, is it a good match with the piece or not? Until next time Happy Stitching!

9 comments:

mainely stitching said...

Hi Barb! I think the cabin looks great. :)

Chiloe said...

I like the cabin. It looks like it's always been there.

Arthemise said...

I think the cabin looks great. Nice job!

Marita said...

Cabin looks great. If you hadn't said anything I wouldn't have known it wasn't meant to be there.

Really enjoying seeing this piece take shape.

stitcherw said...

I think the cabin looks great. If not having a window gets to bothering you, you could do some over stitching with some darker floss and make like shutters on it. It would break it up a bit, plus many northern houses (especially cottages) do have shutters for the storms and snow and such.
Sue

Jenn said...

I think the cabin looks great. I wouldn't have known it didn't belong there if you hadn't said anything.

Mary Ann said...

The cabin looks like it is meant to be there to me. The piece is looking great!

Pumpkin said...

I think it looks fantastic Barb! If you hadn't of said anything, I would have thought it was part of the pattern :o) Great idea!

Hi! I'm Michelle said...

I like the cabin!

And I like hearing about what is going on at your church! It sounds like a great place to be. :)