Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Progress on Three Kings

I've made quite a bit of progress on this piece the last 3 days.   I had hoped to finish this piece by Jan. 1 but I  seriously doubt that will happen.   Depending on how far I get and if the thread holds out I will finish it early Jan.  I'll make that decision Dec. 31 and see where I'm at.    If I'm close to finish I'll finish it out.   If not I may get it out on UFO weekend.   I am doing this on Oppascent material using Gentle Arts Hycyth thread.  The more I think of it I think I'm going to have my sister frame the Baby Jesus piece and let her grand daughter, Addie have it next year.   She has this thing about Baby Jesus.   She just loves singing Happy Birthday and is completely convinced her baby brother will be baby Jesus.  She is only 2, and no one says she's having a baby brother.   Her parents don't want to know if the baby is a boy or gir until the birth in June.  

How was everyone's Christmas.   Ours  was very quiet, just mom, dad and me.   Wendy's mom died that day.   She had been ill all month and the last couple of days it was obvious she wasn't going to make it.   In a way we are glad it happened this year and Wendy can move on into 2011.  This year alone Wendy's step dad who raised her, her step mom, her grandfather and 2 or 3 other relatives died so it's been a rough year for Wendy and Tim.     Her funeral is tomorrow afternoon

Friday is our family Christmas.  We are having a White Elephant exchange for that.   I need to wrap that pressent, plus, Ashton's, Johnny's, Addie's, and Katelyn's gifts.   I'm hoping I find Tim and Andrews, since I can't find them.   I'm hoping I sent them home with Wendy to wrap that day we went shopping before her mother went bad.   I do have Wendy's gift card here.

Well....Until next time Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

Mylene said...

A beautiful piece, congrats on finishing it.

Happy New Year and best wishes for 2011!!

Debra said...

well did you get it done?