Sunday, December 02, 2012

Laying down the Calf to start Christmas Stitching

I had hoped to have this one done by now, but I've had to do a lot of frogging and I think I have to do more frogging. He isn't due until May 1 so I am laying him down to do some Christmas stitching which I'm getting anxious to do, and a couple of other quilt squares due before May. Tomorrow I am planning to do some Christmas Shopping with my sister in law, plus get 3 or 4 birthday gifts. I hope I can handle it, my vertigo continues to be a major problem. I have received lots of advice and am taking it. Trying hard to cut down on salt and soda which so far I'm doing okay on and start eating more vegetables. I'm going to take a cane with me and that should give support too. Between Dec. 11 and 18 we have 5 or 6 birthdays, 1 anniversary plus an anniversary on the 20th, a birthday on the 24th, and another birthday on the 31st. Plus Jan. 5, 10, and 18 we have birthdays. So it's a busy time. Our family does not combine birthday and christams at all. My mom had a sister born Dec. 19 and they always combined her birthday and christmas and my mom didn't like that. So when my brother Kenn, was born on the 18th, we didn't even have a Christmas tree in our house until the 19th. Oh the Christmas trees do come in earlier but we still refuse to celebrate their birthday and Christmas together. And since our fmaily is scattered throughout USA we really don't have that many parties, we just mail the birthday and christmas presents on separate days to those in other states. Yesterday I went to a Christmas Tea by CEF which was pretty good. Had a good time with some friends. I also saw some friends from BSF there. One of them didn't join this year so it was good to see her again. This weekend we are having Christmas on The Lake Shore at our church. We've had it every year for the last 4 or 5 years and each year gets better and we get more people. This year one of my friends wrote a play to tie in with it. We're going Saturday so I'm looking forward to it. Well.....I'm going to go kit up my Christmas projects. Until next time....Happy Stitching!

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

The calf is looking cute! And, you are certainly going to be busy the next month or so!!