Saturday, March 16, 2013

Start on Golf

Hello! I started Golf the other day and it's going fairly well. It's really detailed and keeps me on my toes but it's a fun piece. It's about half done now. And yes it is another piece by Stoney Creek! I seem to like those patterns! I had problems with my scanner so had to scan in a different mold so hopefully it turns out clear. My niece and her youngest son are visiting my sister for about 4 days. They'll be coming in to town Monday for a few hours before flying back to CO. I could have gone to my sister's for 4 days. She was at our parents on Thurs. and asked me if I wanted to go to her house, but 5 days and 4 nights is an awful long time to leave my cat unattended. Had she asked ahead of time I could have made arrangements for my cat. That's okay....I'm not sure I could handle 3 small children for 3 days as another niece is there with her husband and children. I'll see all of them this summer. Kay is camping a few days, but Michelle, Heather, and their husbands and children will be there the whole week so I'll see them a couple of days then. We can't wait to see Michelle and Chase we haven't seen them since Christmas 2011 and Chase was 6 months old then. Tommorrow I'm going to my brother's for my niece's birthday. I can't believe Melissa will be 31 and has 2 children of her own now. The first piece I ever did was a birth sampler for Melissa. She still has it only it's been taken out of the frame and made as a center piece for a quilt her mom made along with other pieces her mom CS for her when she was really young. Next Saturday is the annual Easter Egg Roll at church. Usually we have it outside but there's too much snow on the ground and even if a lot of it melts it would be nothing but mud so it's being held inside the church this year. The next day we have a spaghetti dinner to raise funds for camp scholarships. We like to have as many kids go to camp as can and many can't afford it so we have a special fund to send them to camp. I remember going to camp every year as a child. A lot of great memories of Center Lake Bible Camp and it's an experience any child should have. Well....until next time Happy Stitching

1 comment:

Carol said...

Wow, that certainly is detailed, Barb! You're off to a great start :)