Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy Valentines Day

Good Afternoon! I hope everyone is staying warm and safe. It is cold outside and nasty out there. I've been staying in and stitching! I am wondering if we will even have church tomorrow if this keeps up. The wind is really blowing the snow around! It's beautiful to look out at but dangerous to be out in.

I am doing this piece for a music quilt at Quilts for Older children and adults. It's going fast for it being a Stoney Creek piece. I've had to do a lot of frogging especially her face and hair but I finally got it right. I don't think the material was going to put up with much more frogging to be honest. Her face and hair looks like it gave me problems and it really did. I've ordered the thread for the harp strings so they'll be put in next week. Only I couldn't find Balger thread, but did find Krenik so hopefully that will work fine. I believe the quilt will be going to Love Quilts-Brzil.

Thank you for all your comments to my last post. I love getting comments and reading them. I really appreciated them.

Well I hope everyone has a good Valentines Day and those getting this storm stay safe. Until next time.....Happy Stitching!

8 comments:

Linda said...

The girl looks great Barb.

Linda

Mary Ann said...

A very pretty piece! Stay warm and safe!!

Justine said...

Stay safe Barb - that weather sounds terrible!
Lovely design you're working on.

Brigitte said...

What is better than staying inside and stitch when it's cold and snowy outside. You have a love lovely WIP on the go, this girl is looking so lovely.

Annie said...

Beautiful stitching, and such a wonderful thing you're doing by donating it!

Tiffstitch said...

Beautiful stitching and hope the rest is frog free!

Claudette497 said...

She's looking really good, hope all goes smoothly from now on.

Weronika said...

Lovely piece of stitching and what a huge progress since last post!